𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER TWO

❝ SUN AND MOON ❞

⊱ ⸺ { •♟• } ⸺ ⊰

𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐒, 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐒

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟑𝟎ᵗʰ 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

            YES, IT SEEMS LUCAS has really chosen to succumb to temptation and stay in the area. He chose to spend the nights in the neighboring towns, sometimes in motels and sometimes in his old house, just so he could see Max more often. Some days he would drive several miles just to be with her. All without leaving Texas. And he ended up staying with the Harley Max loved so much (and she thought it was his).

Max made him feel like a high school teenager again. Maybe it was immature of him, or maybe it was the sheer imminence of danger that made him continue to visit her in secret. However, he never did anything compromising; after all, Max was married.

His mind took up a new hobby - thinking about her. So much so that it was sickening at times. But it helped him keep his negative thoughts away, and for a moment he forgot the mess he was in.

For three months, these two had talked on the phone and exchanged letters. He sent her flowers of all colors and varieties, always asking if they were her favorites. Apparently, it was Lucas's job to guess which flowers were her favorites. Although Max had to hide the flowers so her husband wouldn't get suspicious. Lucas' idea of saying she bought the flowers for herself didn't sit well with her husband's paranoid control freak.

What Lucas didn't know was that a friend always meant something more to Roy because his own friends were always something more. It was hypocritical and annoying that he didn't care about Max but wanted to dominate her life.

But oh boy, she holds him like a magnet. To the point where it became annoying and she huffed and puffed when he called her when her husband was home. His fault, of course. It also happened when he showed up at Dust & Dynamite's during her shift, pretending to be a customer who was very pleased with the service he had received and demanding to be seen by the red-haired goddess. Apparently, she accused him of being a stalker. Pfft. He probably was. 

Some envious co-workers began to suspect something else was going on, and knowing that Max was married, they started to mess with her. Again, Lucas' fault. So he was forced to see her less often and in different places.