𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER EIGHT

❝ BAD REPUTATION ❞

⊱ ⸺ { •♟• } ⸺ ⊰

𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟏𝟓ᵗʰ, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

           A LATE AFTERNOON never tasted so good. The blue sky with few clouds began to take on shades of orange and pink. The Ferris wheel was completely illuminated by lights of all colors.

They walked along the narrow dirt paths of that fun fair lined with people, past the booths full of stuffed animals of all sizes, cotton candy, and hot dogs that left a sweet smell in the air.

Finally, in the distance, they spotted the big stage where a band called Guns N' Roses was playing. As they got closer, the excited shouts of the crowd intensified and the number of people multiplied.

"Do you want to go further?" Lucas asked, almost shouting, his hands full with two glasses of sangria.

"No, poor Phoenix. The noise must be much louder up ahead." Max said, eating the rest of her cotton candy and holding the happy puppy with his tongue hanging out, excited to see so many people.

"But then you won't be able to see anything... All right, then I'll piggyback you." Lucas relented and stood on tiptoe to make sure he could see the lead singer rolling around on stage as he sang. Max raised her eyebrows at the last suggestion, but didn't deny it.

"Where can we fill our glasses with more drink?" The boy asked audibly, looking around as he realized that the drink was running low.

A girl in a Nirvana t-shirt nearby heard Lucas' outburst and decided to help.

"Hey, are more drinks over there!" Said the brunette, pointing to a trailer in the distance. "Come on, follow me."

They thanked her for the help and walked towards the trailer, dodging between the people.

The girl, who seemed to have a great deal of trust in the vendor, offered them two glasses of beer. Absorbed by the girl's goodwill, they decided to get to know her better.

"So, are you from here? From California?"

"Yes, it seems so. I've been living here for a few months." She replied, completely relaxed. Her skin, already perfectly tanned by the Californian sun, gave it away. But she wasn't the only one tanned. A young man appeared next to her, two glasses of bubbling beer in his hands.