𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER THREE

❝ RED SUNFLOWERS ❞

⊱ ⸺ { •♟• } ⸺ ⊰

ʷᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ - ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵃⁱⁿˢ ᵛᵉʳᵇᵃˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖʰʸˢⁱᶜᵃˡ ᵛⁱᵒˡᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟒ᵗʰ 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

            IT'S BEEN FOUR WEEKS since Lucas' arrest. The unexpected visits to the bar had stopped completely, and the gifts she used to receive in the mailbox had become scarcer.

The only things left of him that were present in her daily life were her memories, his earrings, the letters he had already received, and some dried petals from the flowers he had offered her. Oh, and his voice. But not his presence.

Until now, she didn't go to see him, because even though she missed him, Lucas insisted that she didn't need to. So he called her sometimes, when he could. Just hearing her voice was enough to brighten his day.

Fortunately, the police never approached her because she had been there when he was arrested. That memory still gave her goosebumps.

Besides, it was better to stay away from his problems. Imagine if some guard recognized her and wanted to ask her questions about Lucas. She didn't want to have to report him or expose him. He trusted her.

It was Wednesday, which meant it was Max's day off, and since Roy was working, she could take the opportunity to talk to Lucas, who called her directly from jail. Luckily, he already knew her phone number by heart.

"Lucas, are you sure you won't have any problems there? You've been on the phone with me for over 10 minutes now," she warned, lying on the bed, curling her hair, still laughing at the last joke he told a while ago. It was surprising how he managed to keep his good humor despite being imprisoned. Maybe he was used to it by now.

"Calm down, princess," the man on the other end of the line jokes, "Are you telling me to leave already?"

"No, it's nothing like that," Max snorted, rolling her eyes at the nickname, "you know how important your company is to me. I just don't want you to get into trouble."

"How sweet. I love you too," Lucas scoffed, "If you want to keep me around, you can go to your mailbox. The last present I sent you must have arrived."

"Again? Lucas, you have to be careful what you send me. Imagine it's Roy who gets the mail... I'm a dead woman!" The redhead hurries downstairs, pulling a long coat over the underwear she was wearing. "By the way, how could you send me a present while you're in prison?