🌋Chapter Twenty-Two🌋

Erin was with Scott and they were following Jackson who went to a warehouse. They see Matt and Jackson standing in line."Hey, Jackson, not here to punch me again, are you?" Matt asked Jackson nervously."Wanna-wanna go ahead of me in line?" Matt stammers and Jackson moves in front of Matt.

Scott and Erin go up to Matt, "Matt... Matt!" Scott whispers."What?" Matt asked."How much are tickets?" Scott asks."Seventy-five dollars," Matt tells him."Can I borrow some money?" Scott asks. Matt gets his wallet out."Yeah, how much?" Matt nods.

"Seventy-five dollars," Scott says and Erin giggles slightly. Matt gives him a look like he's an idiot, and Scott goes to the back of the line. Scott watches as Jackson approaches the lady giving out tickets.

"Next," The lady said as Jackson was next in line."How many?" She asked and they saw Jackson putting up one finger and not saying a word."Let's go. Let's get out of here. Let's go, "She quickly says leaving.

*
Erin was at the animal clinic with Scott when Scott heard the door going and Erin followed him and saw Scott letting Derek and Issac in ." Derek! Issac" Erin signs as she runs up to the two.

"Hey monkey," Derek grins."What's he doing here?" Scott asks looking at Isaac."I need him," Derek responds."I don't trust him," Scott says."Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you, either," Issac says."You know what? And Derek doesn't care." Derek tells them.

"Now, where's the vet? Is he gonna help us, or not?" Derek says getting back on the subject.

"That depends." Deaton says stepping into the room."Your friend, Jackson... Are we planning to kill him, or save him?" Deaton asked

"Kill him/Save him." Derek and Scott said at the same time."Save him," Scott repeats and Derek shows a defeated face."Save him," Scott says to a satisfied Deaton. Deaton nods and motions for them to follow him.

(*)

Deaton gets a bunch of glass containers and brings them over to the table. Isaac goes to touch them and Derek grabs his wrist."Watch what you touch." Derek scolds him."So, what are you, some kind of witch?" Isaac asks

"No. I'm a veterinarian." Deaton says. Erin giggles at Isaac's facial expression. Isaac playfully glares at Erin. Derek gives him a warning look.

"Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defence against a paralytic toxin," Deaton informs them.

"We're open to suggestions," Derek responds."What about an effective offense?" Isaac asks."We already tried," Scott said

"I nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." Derek explains."Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton wonders.

"Well, one-- it can't swim," Derek tells him."Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton wonders."No. He's the captain of the swim team." Erin signs which Derek translates.

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Deaton says holding up a coin." a puppet, and a puppeteer." He says

Deaton then places the coin on the operating table."One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" Deaton wonders

"I don't think Jackson could do it." Scott says."His mother died pregnant, too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."Scott says.

"How do you know it's not part of the rules?"Isaac asks."The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies, too." Issac continues after seeing the look on everyone's faces.

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Scott asks."Wouldn't surprise me if he was," Isaac answered."Hold on." Deaton says The book says they're bonded, right?" Deaton asked