Prologue

The air was cold. Crystalized flakes slowly fell from the empty raven sky and covered the trail of footprints from the large and majestical beasts.

The ice dragon lingered around a large glacier placed in the center of the snowy tundra. He stood at the edge, his claws grabbing a hold of the edge like he was threatening to fall. He glared down upon the empty land, searching for someone to pierce his glare through, but all that remained were dead and fallen trees, symbolizing the dragon's broken hopes.

The dragon had been up there for days. His glare was less threatening with dark purple bags under them, and his legs felt heavy, his body ready to collaspe and his eyes ready to shut for longer than a few seconds. Even if it had been days, he knew that the combatants would rise and mark their trails with smaller footsteps in the Glacier Range.

"You've been up here for quite a long time," a deep feminie voice bellowed behind him.

The ice dragon turned to the other. He focused his gaze on her unique eyes. They were mix-matched, but they matched his, like he was looking in a mirror. The amethyst purple dragon in front of him, her left eye an ice cool blue, and her right a shimmering flourite purple, stared at his heavy eyes patiently. Their colors matched, but her eyes were brighter than his at the moment.

When the ice dragon didn't respond, the other sighed. She added, "I know you're paranoid, but-"

"I'm not paranoid," the ice dragon hissed. He continued to glare, but of course, he didn't appear threatening to the other dragon. "I'm being catious."

The ice dragon turned away to look out into the distance again. His eyes slowly scanned the land below him, taking in every detail, but it all stayed the same.

"I wouldn't suppose they'd atatck so soon," the purple dragon protested. "It's only been three days," she reminded the paranoid dragon.

Three days seemed too long. If they were at war, the dragons' opponents would have striked by now. There was no break during war.

The cold air grazed the ice dragon's glistening scales. His light blue scales matched the ice underneath him. The ice was thick, but it was hallow. Behind the ice was the home of well-protected dragons. Frozen waterfalls streamed down the sides of the glacier, which is what it seemed like to creatures that weren't dragons. The water wasn't frozen, but pure liquid water that was still, as if time itself was frozen. That's how dragons were able to disappear from human's sight. The dragons' home was hidden, and protected, but only for a small amount of time.

"If anything," the ice dragon started again, "you should've been up here watching the range rather than I."

The purple dragon sighed. "I've been trying to, but not when you're up here."

The ice dragon paused. For a moment, all that was heard was the sounds of the gentle wind howling through the torn range. Usually, he would hear other dragons calling out like wolves underneath a full moon. But not a voice was heard through the night.

Finally, the ice dragon spoke, "who's watching them now?"

"Sora," replied the other. "It's nighttime, You should come down and get some rest for once. I shall be on watch."

The purple dragon stepped in front of the ice dragon, making him stagger aside. She stood tall with her wings resting against her sides, and her tail quietly thumping up and down.

"Doesn't the cold bother you?" the ice dragon asked. "And weren't you the one who called me paranoid a moment ago?"

"You need to rest," said the other. "Also, I'm a cosmetic dragon. A space dragon. Space is cold, isn't it?"