Chapter 30 - Great Change: Part II

The dragons and Takashi made their way back to the chamber, where Siveth took charge and opened the door. Inside, they discovered a maze of chambers, each with a button to unlock the door. The chamber was still frozen, with humans trapped inside. Once the city was rebuilt, the dragons would decide the fate of the humans.
    One by one, the dragons pressed the buttons, freeing their fellow dragons from their cramped chambers. Some dragons were entangled in chains, requiring Siveth and her team to break the locks. Others were lucky enough to be unchained, making the task easier.
    As the last dragons escaped the dungeon, a majestic sight unfolded in the wasteland. Over a thousand dragons gathered, ready to transform the barren land into a thriving city. Siveth knew they couldn't leave just yet, as returning to their homes would still put them in harm's way.
   The group of dragons stood together in front of the fallen temple. They faced the temple where Siveth stood on top of the broken materials so all the dragons could see her.
   "My dear people. Five years ago, our world became unbalanced when a human traveled the Ancient Highlands and stole our precious ancient gemstone," Siveth begun. "Where one human harmed all of us, we sought out to seek our ancient gemstone. Well today, we found it!"
   She then stayed silent for a moment as small roars erupted through the crowd. She continued again when the roars faded.
   "We found a way to stop the war once and for all. With all of our tears and sweat, we fought for not only our lives but for everyones. Humans and dragons included. We fought hard for our world, to restore the balance between humans and dragons."
   Siveth closed her eyes for a moment as she processed words to herself. She sighed and opened her eyes.
   "After years of suffering in this unsound world, we managed to not only restore our hopes but we managed to restore balance to the world!"
   The crowd burst with echoing roars. The dragons spread out their wings and lifted their head, snouts up toward the sky as they roared. Calling roars that spread across the world and that everyone could hear for sure. The roars then slowly began to fade away, leaving an echo that faded away too.
   "Our next steps on the war's end," Siveth added. "You all must head to Sora's island, Halos Island. You will be safe there while the rest of us talk to the humans. Sora will bring you down and you'll be able to go home once we've talked to the humans."
   Siveth took her eyes off the crowd of dragons and turned to her guide. She formed a smile and bowed to Sora. "You can take it from here, Sora."
   Sora smiled and bowed to Siveth. "Thank you." The two of them stood up. Sora turned to the dragons. "Let's travel to Halos Island!" she roared to them.
   The dragons roared after Sora. They all spread out their wings and lunged into the sky. They flapped their wings and blasted off away from the wasteland. Sora watched the dragons before she looked at her friends and smiled at them.
   "Thank you," she said to them. "Thank you for everything."
   "You helped too," Siveth told her. "Thank you for everything. Without you, I wouldn't be alive."
   She then turned to her twin brother, still in his human form, and smiled happily. "And thank you, Ren." She looked at Dachi. "Thank you. Without you both, we would've never been able to get out of there."
   "Of course," Ren says. "But most importantly..." Ren turned to Dachi and gave him a bright smile. "Thank you. If you never found me, this war would've continued forever."
   "Of course," Dachi replied. "I would do anything for all of you." His cheeks turned pink as he stared at Ren. He wished to say more but Siveth spoke before him.
   "And thank you," she said to Mateo. "Thank you for helping us defeat Soren."
   Mateo perked up. He looked around and then pointed at himself with one claw. "Me?" he asked.
   Siveth giggled. "Yes, you. Thank you for helping us."
   Mateo smiled and bowed to Siveth. "Of course. I was so happy to help."
   Sora nodded. "Yes, thank you."
   She then looked at Takashi and lowered her brows. Takashi kept his head lowered, avoiding eye contact with everyone. Even if Takashi wasn't going to look at Sora, she spoke to him anyway.
   "And you, King of Dhiashrir. As I do appreciate you, you must think about what you did. Change may be a hard thing for you but you'll get it." She glanced at Siveth. "I'll let you do the rest."
   "I will later," Siveth told Sora. "Thank you, Sora. I'll see you soon." She smiled again.
   "Goodbye, everyone."
   Sora smiled at them and then looked up at the sky. She lunged up into the air and blasted off with the other dragons. Everyone else waved to her as she and the other dragons headed to Halos Island.
   It was an absolutely breathtaking sight. Ren and Siveth stood there, their eyes filled with tears of awe and wonder. As they looked up into the night sky, they were greeted by the most magnificent scene imaginable.
   Countless dragons, their wings spread wide, soared gracefully through the air, their scales shimmering and reflecting the moonlight. It was as if the whole world had come alive with magic. The joyful roars of the dragons echoed in their ears, a symphony of pure happiness. After enduring five long years of separation and hardship, this moment marked the triumphant return of the dragons to their rightful home. It was a moment of pure joy and celebration, etched forever in their hearts.