Chapter 81-90

Chapter 81

  The incident of Song Wenye's beating passed quietly. Qin Zhou personally sent him home that night, not to the Song family's house, but to his apartment in the city.

  He wasn't much injured, just some marks on the corners of his mouth.

  Cheng Wei was different. The injury on his face became more serious the next day. He didn't dare to see Jiang Tinglan or go to the company.

  He has been living at home and spent the night in a hotel last night. He plans to go home today to get toiletries and a change of clothes while his parents are not at home and stay in the hotel for a while.

  Jiang Tinglan didn't expect that Cheng Wei was on a business trip again. He said he would be gone for about half a month. Anyway, he was busy before, so she didn't doubt it. She just told him on the phone, "Then take good care of yourself over there. I think The weather forecast says there will be heavy rains in Xicheng recently, so feel free to take an umbrella with you when you go out."

  Cheng Wei stood at the window of the hotel, looking at the bright sunshine outside the window. He couldn't explain how he felt in his heart. The fact that he was beaten by Song Wenye made him extremely angry. Wasn't he just trying to survive in his hands? Does he deserve this kind of cowardice?

  One day he must stand at the top and pay back everything he suffered today.

  He still doesn't understand the reason why he was beaten, and he still thinks that Song Wenye is an arrogant and domineering rich man.

  "Okay, baby, take good care of yourself and wait until I come back to bring you a gift."

  "There's no need for gifts. Don't you want to buy a house? Why don't you save money?"

  Jiang Tinglan originally reminded him with good intentions, but unexpectedly touched Cheng Wei's fragile nerves. He couldn't help but yelled, "Do you also think that I don't even have this little money?"

  Jiang Tinglan didn't know what Cheng Wei was angry about, but he could comfort him, "Cheng Wei, that's not what I meant."

  Cheng Wei reacted instantly and apologized, "Baby, I'm sorry, I'm in a bad mood because of work. Baby, please don't be angry, okay? I was wrong, I shouldn't have brought my emotions to you."

  "Cheng Wei, I'm not angry."

  The two talked for a few more words before hanging up the phone.

  The project department has been working a lot of overtime recently, and Cheng Wei happened to be on a business trip too, so she didn't have to make appointments after get off work. She left a little late, and when she left the company building, she realized that it was raining heavily outside. It's difficult to drive on a rainy day.

  She couldn't hail a taxi, so she had to call a ride-hailing service. As a result, there were still fifty or sixty people lined up in front of her.

  She only reminded Cheng Wei to bring an umbrella, but she forgot to bring one. It was impossible to walk to the subway station in such a heavy rain, so she could only stand downstairs and wait for the online taxi.

  Song Wenye had been looking for an opportunity to formally introduce himself to Jiang Tinglan. Unfortunately, he had never had a suitable opportunity. When he came out of the company tonight, he did not let the driver drive. Instead, he drove around to the building where she worked. In the car, he wanted to be like this. If he could meet her by chance, it was destiny.

  No matter what, he will definitely let her know him.

  Unexpectedly, God really heard his voice, and through the rain and fog, he could see Jiang Tinglan standing there from a distance.