What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Rewritten

Gwen sat on a rock, hugging her knees to her chest, thinking about her grandpa, and Aria sat beside her in a pink bikini, manipulating the water. Kevin absorbs a rock and turns to Brainstorm. "Let's settle this, Tennyson." He says, and Brainstorm laughs. "My dear Kevin, your nigh gladiatorial bellicosity has once again outpaced your ratiocinative processes." Brainstorm tells him. "I don't know what you just said but... cannonball!" Kevin says then he jumps into the lake, sending a wave at Brainstorm who evaporates it using his electricity. Kevin resurfaces and spits out water smiling at the alien.

"Oh, attempting to short me out, hmm? Before you ever cause such an involuntary cognitive discharge, my intense electromagnetic stormers would vaporize you. To wit." Brainstorm explains, electrocuting Kevin and sending him flying out of the water and onto the rock behind Aria and Gwen, and he follows. "As a coder and at the risk of gliding the lily, I submit." Brainstorm detransforms. "...That I wasn't even thinking hard." Ben finishes, crossing his arms. "Okay, you got me that time. Live and learn, right, Gwen, Aria?" Kevin asks the two girls who hadn't said anything.

"She misses grandpa." Ben says, referring to his cousin. "She was fine in the car and what's wrong with Aria?" Kevin asks. "No clue." Ben replies. "It's my fault. I thought bringing her here would cheer her up." Ben says looking at his cousin. "This is grandpa Max's secret fishing rock. He used to come here all the time when he wasn't traveling." Gwen explains, turning to face the boys and Aria stays silent. "Away on Plumber business." Kevin corrects. "We didn't know back then. When I was 5, he brought me here, and I caught a teeny tiny fish." Gwen shows how small the fish was with her fingers. "He wanted me to release it, but I put up a big fuss. It was my fish, you know? Grandpa finally convinced me to come back when it was bigger." She throws the rock she was holding into the water, breaking Aria's focus.

"Guess I never had an easy time letting go." She says, standing up. "I sense someone." Aria speaks up. "Huh?" They look at her confused. Aria points to where a cloaked figure was beside a tree. "For a secret place, this gets a lot of traffic." Ben whispers as they watch the person place a flower under the tree. "Did you ever see a flower like that?" Gwen asks. "Nope." Aria replies. "Hey, you in the cloak!" Kevin calls. The group jumped off the rock and ran to the person. The person laughs and goes behind the tree and in a pink flash they're gone. "Anodite." Aria whispers. They look behind the tree but find no one.

"That woman just disappeared." Ben points out. "Teleporter maybe?" Kevin asks. "What was she doing?" Gwen asks. "Max plus Verdona?" Ben reads off the tree. "Who's Verdona?" He asks. Gwen picks up the flower. "Let's find her and ask. I should be able to track her with this." She says, referring to the flower. She tries tracking the woman but fails, and the flower dies. "I really thought I had that move down." Gwen groans. Aria looks at the ground and spots many other flowers. "Not the first one she's left." She says, picking up a flower and Ben kneels beside her. The flowers glow with shimmering energy and look as good as new. "Anything?" Ben asks. "She's somewhere close." Aria tells him. "Also these are made from energy." She adds. "So what now? We can't just wait for her to come back." Kevin says, and Ben smiles, getting an idea.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The next night, the group sat in Kevin's car, waiting. "This is crazy. She didn't show yesterday, and she's not gonna show tonight." Kevin sighs. "Humor me." Gwen tells him from the backseat. "She might." Aria chimes in leaning over to grab a ticket from the glove compartment. Aria covers the ticket with both hands and closes her eyes, a bright pink light emits from her hands, and once she opens them a chocolate bar is in the place of the ticket. "You have to teach me that." Gwen says, amazed. "Sure, only if you teach me some of your spells." Aria tells her. "Deal." Gwen nods. Aria opens the wrapper and gives Gwen half. Both girls eat quietly not wanting the boys to find out. The sound of the lock clicking causes Kevin to look at Ben, seeing him clicking the lock open and close out of boredom. Ben looks back at Kevin and sees him glaring, so he stops.