Fool's Gold

I messed up with the chapters so I fixed it

The teens stood inside Max's headquarters with Ben and Gwen standing in front of their grandpa, Kevin leaning on a panel, and Aria meditating. "You want us to go where?" Ben asks his grandpa. "A little town called Walton. "Every 17 years, college students from another planet land there to blow off steam for a week." Grandpa Max explains. "Alien spring break." Ben notes. "Right. But this time, one of the aliens has gone missing. I need you four to go find him." Grandpa Max tells them. Gwen nods and walks away. Ben looks at Kevin, who holds a necklace, then turns to Aria. "Come on, Ari." He tells her and walks out.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The gang was now in Kevin's car driving to Walton. "Holed up town in the middle of nowhere. Why don't aliens ever go missing in any place fun?" Kevin asks. "This is farm country. What are aliens even doing here? What's so special about this place?" Gwen asks, and Kevin looks at her, amused. The car stops at the Walton sign, which was destroyed with a tractor lying beside it. They get out of the car to have a closer look. "Hooligans. And from the looks amateurs." Kevin scoffs. Ben walks forward and winces holding his foot. "Stubbed my toe." He says. Kevin turns his headlights on brighter so that they can see, and Ben spots gold on the road. The teens kneel around it. "They look like um..." Gwen trails off. "Poop." Aria finishes for her. "Shiny poop." Gwen adds. Kevin picks one up and brings it closer to his face, sniffs it, and goes to bite it. "Kevin, don't." Gwen tells him. "It's okay. Looks like... gold." Kevin replies. "Please, don't." Aria tells him, but he still bites it. "Hmm. It is gold! And it's real!" Kevin shares. "Solid gold poop." Ben says, looking at the golden waste that covers the road.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The next day, they were driving through Walton, taking in the scene. "Look at this place." Ben says. "Sure, these farmers must be rolling in..." "Kevin." Gwen cuts him off. "I was gonna say dough." Kevin tells her. Little aliens run onto the road surrounding the car, making Kevin stop driving. They tilt the car back and forth, and Ben laughs, enjoying it. Meanwhile, Aria sighed as her focus was broken. "Get your hands off my ride." Kevin tells them, and they run away. The teens get out of the car, and a man walks up to them. "You didn't see any aliens. It was swamp gas." He gaslights them. "Try harder." Aria tells him, unimpressed. "Mass hysteria?" He tries. "Weather balloons?" He adds. "Save it. We're Plumbers." Kevin shows him his badge. "Well, why didn't you say so? Welcome to Walton. You here for the popcorn festival?" The man asks. "What's the deal with that, anyway?" Ben asks.

 "We make the best popcorn in the universe. Aliens can't get enough of the stuff. Every 17 years, they come back." He shares. "Where are my manners? I'm Mayor Coleman." The man holds his hand out but pulls it back when none of them shake it. "What can you tell us about the missing alien?" Ben asks. "Missing alien? There's no missing alien. If there was a missing alien, he's probably just running around, eating popcorn, and having fun." Mayor Coleman tells them. "Uh-huh. We're still gonna have to look around." Gwen says. "Be my guest. But I'm afraid you're not gonna find anything." Mayor Coleman says and walks away. "Ben, we're gonna have to--" Gwen looked to where her cousin was, but he wasn't there. "Ben?" Aria calls, and they look around. They run to an alleyway and find Ben running with the aliens. "Yeah, I better go keep an eye on him." Kevin says. "Please." Aria tells him, and the girls watch him run away. "Were you..." An alien says, causing the girls to turn to him. "Were you sent by Max Tennyson?" He asks. "You're the one who called for help?" Gwen asks. 

"My name is Orb. My mom and dad told me that if I ever got into any trouble on Earth, I should call Max Tennyson." Orb informs them. "Good advice." Gwen tells him with a smile. "Is the missing alien your friend?" Aria asks. "My best friend. His name's Decka. One moment we're stuffing our faces with popcorn, the next moment he's gone. I'm worried sick." Orb shares. "Do you have anything of his that I could use to track him? A piece of clothing or something?" Gwen asks. "No, nothing like that. I'm sorry." Orb apologizes. "Don't apologize, we'll find him the old-fashioned way." Aria tells him and Orb looks confused. "We're gonna have to look for him." Gwen explains.