The Gauntlet

Rewritten

Outside a warehouse, explosions were heard, and inside Kevin dodged some lasers, but one hit his arm, breaking the stone off it. "You okay?" Ben asks. "Been better." Kevin replies. The boys watch Gwen dodge the laser, but she also gets hit, and Aria catches her with her energy and brings her over to the boys. "We're in trouble." Gwen says. "You think?" Aria asks. "How long before you can change?" Gwen asks her cousin, ignoring Aria. "Then, I'll take over from here." Aria says, running at the robot. She freezes its feet in place with her icy gaze, then she uses platforms to run around the robot, freezing it with her frost breath. Once it was frozen she went back to the group. "That should buy us some time." She says, but to her dismay, the robot uses its lasers to melt the ice. "Oh boy." She sighs, snapping her fingers, and multiple fireballs manifest behind her. She snaps her fingers again, and the fireballs launch at the robot, knocking it back. Kevin uses this to his advantage and absorbs more stone into his arm and lunges at the robot, punching it in its face and knocking it back some more. He goes in for another attack, but the robot grabs him, lifts him up, and tries crushing him with its other hand. "Let him go!" Gwen shouts, slicing its hand with a mana wave, and Kevin falls, but the hand doesn't let go.

The robot stares at the place its hand used to be then looks at Gwen, and the metal piece on its head glows red. "Uh-oh." Gwen says, seeing this. "A few seconds have already passed Ben!" Aria tells the boy. "It's okay. I'm back in business." Ben tells her as his watch lights up. "You know who would be perfect for this?" He asks. "Julie Yamamoto?" Aria asks. "We talked about this." Ben glares at her. "I know!" Aria snickers, looking back at the robot. Ben transforms into a Polymorph he calls Goop, and the trio stares at him in disgust. "Ew!" They cringe. "You know this is cool." Goop says before liquidizing and flying to the robot. It punches him in half and they stare with wide eyes. Goop merges together again and becomes humanoid. "Hey." He whines. The metal piece on the robot's head glows red, and it slams its hand down on Goop, but he becomes one again so the robot takes a few steps back. It shoots lasers from its hand at Goop, but the Polymorph isn't fazed by it. The robot shoots a bigger laser, knocking them out of the warehouse, and the hand also releases Kevin.

The trio quickly recovers, and Goop splatters in front of them, but his projector puts him back together. The robot follows and knocks the projector away from Goop, leaving his body as a pile of goo. A tiny hand comes out from the sliced hand. "Uh, that's not gonna happen." Goop says, and his projector guides him to the empty hand, which he enters, filling the robot with goo and causing it to explode, and goo flies everywhere. Aria puts up a shield to block it, but Gwen and Kevin aren't so lucky as they get covered in goo. "Ben, get off of us." Gwen tells him. "Sorry." Goop apologizes, and his projector flies around collecting the goo. "You ought to be." Kevin tells him. Once it was all collected Goop detransforms. "That was pretty cool, though. Like the old days." Ben reminisces. "Whatever. As long as we took care of this thing for good." Kevin says, picking up the hand. He pops the trunk of his car and throws the hand inside before closing it. Unbeknownst to them the hand is still moving.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They stop at Mr. Smoothy, and Kevin cleans his car while Gwen leans on it. "I swear there's still Tennyson goo on here." Kevin says. "No, there isn't." Gwen dismisses. Aria stood beside Ben as he waited for the smoothies. When he gets it Ben sniffs the air and smiles, "Nectarine smoothies for everybody." He says, and a hand comes out of nowhere, spilling the smoothies on Ben and in Aria's hair, causing the girl to let out a groan. "Ooh." Ben groans. "I should've said on everybody." He says, and two boys laugh from around the corner. "Whoops." The tall one says. "Hey, J.T., looks like somebody had an accident." He says, and Aria secretly waters down her hair to get rid of the smoothie. They round the corner, and the tall one leans on the wall, blocking Ben. "Yeah. Look at that mess, Cash. Need me to get you a sippy cup, Ben? Or maybe a diaper." J.T. says as he and Cash laugh. Meanwhile, everyone else glares at them. "Pathetic." Aria scowls at J.T. causing him to stop laughing and avoid her gaze. Kevin and Gwen see this and walk over, but Ben stops them. "Okay. You got me. Good one." Ben accepts defeat. "Well? What are you gonna do about it, huh?" Cash pushes Ben back into Aria and leaves a handprint on the boy's chest. Ben looks at his shirt and then back at Cash, who looks down at his hand, seeing the smoothie on it. "Egggh!" He groans, and everyone laughs. He tries to wipe his hand on his shirt, but that spreads it.