Inside Man

The gang was on their way to the Desert Highway Patrol station after getting information that someone who claimed to have seen aliens was there. They get there in time to see a man running away from DNAliens, and Kevin drifts and parks sideways. "Get in." Ben tells the man after the door opens. The man dodges the goo spat at him and jumps into the car, and Kevin drives away.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They drive in silence before the man breaks it. "Who are you?" He asks. "I'm Ben. This is Gwen, Aria, and Kevin." Ben introduces the group and himself. The man looks at Ben before grabbing at his face. "Ow!" Ben shouts when he pulls his ear. "What'd you do that?" He asks, rubbing his ear. "You'd never believe me." The man replies. "Think, Tennyson. Those DNAliens came out of the police station." Kevin tells him. "So they were most likely wearing I.D. masks." Aria says. "You know about the aliens?" The man asks. "Been scanning for communications that mention any kind of tech above level two. Your name came up, Tyler." Kevin informs, showing him his Plumber's badge. "You know who I am?" Tyler asks. "Only that somebody back there made a call about you. Said you've got an oscillator key, whatever that is." Ben shares. "Level-5 alien tech." Kevin corrects. "And fighting aliens is kind of our specialty." Ben tells him. "Where'd you get your hands on alien technology?" Gwen asks. "I...I don't know. Something messed up my memory." Tyler shares, pulling out something.

"What's that, more alien tech?" Kevin asks. "Looks like a bass pick." Aria comments. "Are you a musician?" Gwen asks. "That sounds right, but I-I don't have any clear memories." Tyler replies. "Well, that helps. You stole a hyperdimensional oscillator key from a Highbreed nest, and oh, you play the bass." Kevin says sarcastically. "Lights off!" Ben tells Kevin. "Huh?" Kevin looks confused. "Do it!" Ben urges. In a canyon, there were tons of DNAliens looking for the oscillator key, and seeing this, Kevin turned his lights off. The group looked at the aliens as they drove past. The car runs over a rock, getting the DNAliens' attention, and they sprint out of the canyon to see what made that noise, but they see nothing.

Meanwhile, Kevin hid the car behind a giant rock, and they looked out to see if any aliens would find them. Once the aliens go back to what they were doing, Kevin starts his car and drives away. "They're out in force. Something big is up." Ben notes. "A hyperdimensional oscillator key is about as big as it gets. It's for warping space." Kevin shares. "I had to steal it away to stop the aliens." Tyler shares. "From doing what?" Ben asks. "It'll come to me." Tyler says. "Well, it better come quickly." Aria tells him. "You guys, we do have one advantage. They may need it, but they don't know where it is." Gwen reminds. "I do." Tyler says.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Tyler directs Kevin to where the oscillator key is. They get to a canyon, and everyone decides to slide down, besides Aria, who makes platforms to get down. "I ditched it over here." Tyler tells them, pointing ahead of him. They walk until they find the damaged truck. "Nice job parking, slick." Kevin tells Tyler. "You can't see it from the road. Driving a truck isn't easy." Tyler defends himself, and the girls walk over to the truck. "Neither is keeping a piece of equipment this size from the aliens. I'm still wondering about that." Gwen comments. The red-haired wraps mana onto the back doors of the truck and tries opening it, and seeing her struggle, Aria decides to help and together they pull the doors off their hinges only to be met with another door. Ben comes over to look and decides to transform, and the girls step back. "Chromastone!" He shouts. "What are you, people?" Tyler asks. "Get used to it." Kevin tells him.

"Let me speed this up a bit." Chromastone shoots energy beams at the truck, creating a hole in the side, and he jumps, tearing it open wider and jumping inside. "Now, let's have a look at this oscillator key." He says, shining a light at the key, and a DNAlien jumps in front of it, and more come out. "Oh, man!" He groans. The group heard the DNAliens hissing from outside the truck, and the teens shared a look, causing Kevin to peek his head through the hole. "Tennyson?" He calls, and his eyes widen at what he sees. Chromastone gets thrown through the truck and crashes into the side of the canyon. "DNAliens!" He shouts after recovering. The DNAliens jump out of the truck and stand in front of Chromastone. "Protect the key!" An alien tells the others. Two aliens charge at Chromastone and hold his arms while spitting goo onto him. Gwen shoots a mana disc at an alien, getting the others' attention.