The Vengeance of Vilgax (2)

Amidst the rubble of the garage, Gwen, who had protected herself using a mana field, pushed the rubble off. "Kevin? Ari?" She calls out, looking around. "I'm here!" Aria calls back, emerging from the rubble protected by a force field. "Thank god." Gwen sighs and helps her up. Chromastone stands up bringing the girls relief. "Ben!" Gwen calls. More rubble is lifted, and Spidermonkey emerges. "Or is that you." Aria turns to the monkey. "What's going--" The two 'Bens' runoff. "Ben, come back! Both of you!" Gwen shouts. "What are you talking about? I'm right here." Ben tells her, peeking his head out from the rubble, and Goops projector rises from the debris and leaves the garage. "And over there." Ben says. "Okay, what's going on here?" Ben asks, looking at his watch. "That's what I was thinking." Aria replies. The trio hear groaning and run in its direction and move the rubble.

 "Kevin, you okay under there?" Ben asks. "Oh." Ben says upon seeing him. Gwen gasps and Aria's eyes widen. "What? Half the garage fell on me." Kevin says. Gwen pulls a compact out of her pocket and shows Kevin his reflection. "Of course, I look a little..." Kevin trails off, seeing himself, he is mostly covered in stone with the right side of his face covered in a blue crystal. "banged up." He says, touching his face. "No!" He shouts, slapping the compact out of Gwen's hand. He stands up and, the rest of his body is shown. His legs were covered in wood, from the left side of his chest to around his waist was metal, and he was wearing briefs. "I'm a monster again." Kevin looks down at himself. "Calm down, Kevin. Just try and change back to normal." Gwen advises, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Right. Just concentrate." The boy says. He closes his eyes and tries changing back, but nothing happens. "It's not working." He says. 

"It must be feedback from the watch like last time." He points out, looking sad. "But Ben knows a lot about the Omnitrix now." Gwen tells him. "I'm starting to doubt that." Aria mumbles, looking at Ben. "Maybe he can do something, right Ben?" Gwen looks at her cousin. "Ben?" Gwen calls. "Huh? Gwen, Ari. Look at at this. It must've been the explosion. I'm missing Chromastone, Goop, Spidermonkey, and Way Big. How'd he manage to sneak away?" Ben wonders. The watch beeps and a large projection of Azmuth appears. "Ben Tennyson. I warned you of the consequences of tampering with the Omnitrix." Azmuth reminds him. "I was just trying--" "To defy my instructions. Well, you have succeeded. The escaped geno archetypes--" "What?" Ben asks. "Your transformations. They'll perish if they aren't restored to the Omnitrix in 24 hours. And if they do, their powers will be lost to you forever." Azmuth informs.

"How do I put them back?" Ben asks. "When you are close set the Omnitrix to capture mode. It will do the rest." Azmuth instructs. "The yellow setting." Gwen tells her cousin. "You have disappointed me, Ben Tennyson. I shall not help you again." Azmuth says and disappears. "Glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed." Aria comments. "Can either of you track my transformations?" Ben asks the girls. "No, they're all the same as you." Gwen tells him after trying to do so. "What she said. It shouldn't be hard to find them, though. Especially Way Big." Aria replies. "No problem. They all have an Omnitrix thingy. We can track them with our badges." Kevin informs.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The team was now in Kevin's car, driving to one of the aliens' locations. Gwen brought up the map on her badge and looked at it. "Hey, Kevin. Why don't you change back to normal? You've been ugly for like 40 miles." Ben asks. "He can't." Aria answers for him. "What?" Ben asks, confused. "I can't!" Kevin shouts, turning to glare at the boy. "Ben, weren't you listening back at the garage?" Gwen asks. "Uh, no. Busy! Omnitrix on the frits." The brunette points to his watch. "Let me bring you up to speed, hero. Thanks to you, I can't turn back. I'm a monster." Kevin shares. "I'm sorry, Kevin. I didn't know, I was just kidding around." Ben apologizes. "Stop, saying that. You're not a monster." Gwen tells Kevin. Aria stays silent and sits crisscrossed with her eyes closed. Gwen grabbed Kevin, hand and held it in hers. "Use your powers. Absorb my skin." She advises. "I'm trying, it doesn't work. I'm trapped like this forever." Kevin tells her. Gwen's badge beeps, prompting Aria to open an eye. "We found Chromastone." Ben says.