Pet Project

Ben lay on his bed with a bowl of popcorn, watching a movie, when a bright light appeared in his room. The boy panics and is about to transform, but the light disappears, revealing Aria. "Hey." She greets. "What are you doing here?" Ben asks her. "I'm bored." She groans, sitting beside him. "Aren't you supposed to go shopping with Gwen?" He asks. "I have friends for that," Aria replies, taking a handful of popcorn from the bowl and eating it. "What are you watching?" She asks, taking off her shoes and laying beside him. "No clue." Ben blushes at the close proximity. Aria nods and shuffles closer to him, she grabs the bowl of popcorn, lays her head on Ben's arm, and watches the movie. They lay like this in silence watching the movie.

"Brad, no, not you, too!" The girl on the TV says. "Destroy the earthling female." The alien scientist tells his human subject. "Yes, master." Brad replies in a monotone voice. "No, Brad. Don't listen to him. You-- you love me." The girl says getting back in a corner. Ben watches the movie intently stuffing his face with popcorn. "No!" The woman shouts as Brad closes in on her. "'Brain Stealers From Outer Space' will be back after this." A man on the TV announces. "More popcorn." Ben says seeing the empty bowl. "Okay." Aria replies, moving off his arm so that he can go to the kitchen.

Aria is lying on the bed watching the movie when Ben's phone begins ringing, so she grabs it before Ben can. "Hello?" She answers. "Aria? Where's Ben?" Gwen asks. "Uh..." She hands the phone over to Ben. "Hello?" Ben answers. "Ben, Elsworth Avenue, South of the mall, and bring Aria with you. Now!" Gwen tells him before hanging up. "We gotta go." Ben tells Aria jumping off the bed. Aria doesn't question him and puts on her shoes as he transforms. "Jetray!" He shouts. Jetray opens the window and he and Aria fly to their friends' location.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Aria and Jetray soar through the sky when a knight nearly knocks Jetray out of the sky. "Hey!" He shouts. "Looks like someone needs flying lessons, maybe we should--" Aria looks down and sees Kevin hugging his scratched car and the road destroyed. "Maybe later." She says, flying down to them with Jetray in tow. Jetray detransforms and he and Aria run to their friends. "What happened?" Ben asks. "That flying jerk in a can fried my car." Kevin shares. "And then he took my pet." Julie adds. "Pet?" Ben asks confused. "You know, Ship." Julie tells him. "You kept Ship?" Aria asks. "Yes." Julie nods. "Putting that aside for a second, why were you at Ben's house?" Gwen asks Aria and Julie frowns. "I was... uh..." Aria looks at Ben for help. "She was helping me with my homework." Ben comes to her rescue. "Anyway, this isn't as important as Ship getting taken." Aria changes the subject. "Uh-huh." Gwen looks at her still skeptical.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The gang and Julie were now in Kevin's car with Gwen in the passenger seat, Julie and Ben in the back and Aria sitting between them. "That guy is so paying for a new paint job." Kevin speaks. "Is that all you can care about-- your car?" Gwen asks. "No! Sometimes I think about food." Kevin defends. "How long has Ship been coming to see you?" Aria asks. "Every once in a while. He comes, he goes, he shows me a new trick." Julie replies. "What kind of trick?" Ben asks. "You know, turning into things." Julie answers. "Why didn't you tell me?" Ben asks. "You said you didn't want anything to do with Ship." Julie reminds him with a glare. "I never said that." Ben denies. "Yes, you did." Julie says. "Doesn't matter, you still should've said something." Aria tells the girl. "If you didn't want to tell Ben you could've told me." She adds. "Sorry." Julie apologizes.

"But why would the Forever Knights want to steal Ship?" Ben inquires. "Please. It can turn into anything it touches. It's a cup of instant weapon." Kevin chimes in. "How fast can you get us home?" Ben asks. "Hey, can you hurry it up?" Kevin asks the driver in front of him. "Sure, if you know how to fly." The tow truck driver tells him. "I can make us fly." Aria tells them. "And arouse suspicion, no." Gwen declines.