Trade Off

Gwen and Aria stood outside Ben's house waiting for him, and Gwen tried contacting Kevin through the Plumber badge. "Any luck?" Ben asks. "Kevin's Plumber badge isn't responding." Gwen replies. "Try it again. He should be here." Ben tells her. "I'm not his babysitter, Ben. If he wants to ignore us that's his choice." Gwen walks to the curb with her arms crossed. "Fine, then he'll just have to miss all the fun. The Forever Knights aren't gonna kick their own butts." Ben says. "And how are we supposed to get there?" Aria asks. "Easy. We improvise." Ben says and transforms into Jetray. He wraps his tail around Gwen and flies off with Aria flying beside him.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

That night, the Tennysons and Aria were still at Ben's house waiting for Kevin to respond. "Still no word from Kevin?" Ben asks, playing a game. "Not a peep. I'm really starting to get worried." Gwen says. "About me?" Kevin asks, leaning on the front door, looking normal. "I'm touched." He says, entering the house. "Where were you?" Aria asks, putting her hands on her hips. "And why do you have a black eye?" She squints, confused. Gwen's eyes glow, and she touches Kevin's face. "Oh, I feel your skin." She says, pulling away. "You're not wearing your ID mask." She notes. "Nope, I'm back to human." Kevin replies, moving her hand from his face. "How'd you do it?" Ben asks. "Gwen's been working on the cure for months." "And I know closer when I started." Gwen confirms. "Hey, what can I say? I uh... wished on a star last night and woke up this morning my old gorgeous self." Kevin says, touches the wall, but he doesn't absorb it. 

"See? No transformation. No powers. No nothing." He tells them. "You wished on a star and got turned back?" Aria asks, skeptical. "Hey, I'm better. What else matters?" Kevin asks. "And that black eye you're spotting?" Gwen asks. "Oh, that?" Kevin walks to the door. "I was so excited to be a human, I uh... walked smack into an open door." Kevin opens the front door to demonstrate. "Hey, small price to pay, huh?" Ben asks, placing a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. "Yeah, right whatever. So we got any Plumber business to take care of or what?" Kevin asks. "Don't we always? Come on, we'll fill you in on the way." Ben replies, exiting the house. "Shooting star my butt." Aria mumbles and follows them with Gwen.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They stop at a warehouse and exit the car. "So the Forever Knights are at it again, huh?" Kevin asks. "Yeah, we got to the robbery too late. They were already gone." Ben replies. "If only we had a ride." Aria says. "Fine, okay, I should've been there." Kevin sighs and tries to walk forward, but Gwen stops him. "Not so fast. Without any powers, you could get hurt in there. You better wait here." Gwen tells him and walks to the building with Aria and Ben. "What? But I--" "I mean it." Gwen tells him. "Great, so now I'm just the chauffeur. What happens when you three finally get your licenses?" Kevin asks.

Inside the factory, the Forever Knights were moving crates into a truck. Ben, Gwen, and Aria hid behind a booth and spied on them. "They're almost finished loading." Gwen whispers. "If we're gonna do something, it better be now." She tells them. "Then I guess it's time for..." Ben switches through the aliens in his watch and transforms. "Big Chill?" He says, disappointed. "Never what I ask for. Never." Big Chill says, only to get shot by the Forever Knights. Big Chill flies out of the smoke and the knights focus on him allowing Gwen to throw a mana ball at the knights. Gwen runs out of the smoke holding up a shield to protect herself and Aria. The white-haired girl throws an energy ball which fazes through the shield and takes down a knight. Big Chill freezes some knights. "I hate a cold reception." He says.

 Lia and Gwen take down some knights not noticing the ones that snuck up on them. "Hey, tinman!" Kevin shouts, knocking them out with poles. "That wasn't very chivalrous." Kevin comments. "I thought I told you to wait by the car." Gwen reminds him. "Relax he saved us." Aria shrugs. "Exactly." Kevin agrees with Aria. "Run away! Run away!" A knight tells the others, running to the truck. "Time to put you creeps on ice." Big Chill tells the knights, freezing them. The first knight tries starting the truck, but Big Chill freezes it.