The Date

Note: Bare with me y'all I've never been on an actual date. Also I'm not all that good at writing my own stuff.

Gwen sat on Aria's bed, watching the girl pace around while biting her nails. "That's poisonous." Gwen reminds the girl. Aria lets her hand fall to her side and flops onto her bed. "Why are you so nervous?" Gwen asks. "Because it's Ben!" Aria tells her. "And? You hang out with him every day." Gwen shrugs. "Yeah, but this is an actual date." Aria sighs and sits up. "Just be yourself. Ben likes you how you are." Gwen reassures her, and Aria nods. The girls hear a knock on the door, and Gwen grabs Aria's hand. "Come on." She leads Aria to the door and opens it, finding Kevin and Ben. "What are you doing here?" Aria asks the tall boy. "Who's gonna drive you around?" Kevin asks. Aria sighs and turns to Ben. "Hi." She waves awkwardly. "Hey." Ben greets back. Gwen and Kevin share a look and sigh. "Let's get going." Kevin tells them.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"So, where are we going?" Kevin asks, looking at the two in the rearview mirror. "Uh..." The teens look at each other. "Shopping center." "Cinema." They both say at the same time and turn to look at each other again. "How about we go to the cinema and then the shopping center." Gwen suggests. "Yeah." Ben agrees. Aria nods and sinks into her seat, looking out the window. On the outside, it seemed like she was calm and composed, but on the inside, she was freaking out, yeah she had a crush on Ben for five years and always wanted to go out with him, but now that it's happening, she can't help but feel nervous and part of her was glad that Gwen and Kevin decided to use this as an opportunity to go on an unofficial date as well. While Gwen and Kevin were talking about some random thing, Ben looked out the window, also freaking out inside. He turns to Aria and takes hold of her hand with a smile. Aria smiles back at him and sighs. "Nervous?" Ben asks. "A little." Aria laughs, lightly squeezing his hand. "Any idea what we're going to watch?" Aria asks. "Nope." Ben replies.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The gang arrived at the cinema, and Aria and Gwen made a beeline to see which movies were showing while the boys waited in the line. "I'm thinking Up." Aria tells the girl. "It seems like a sweet, happy movie." She adds, staring at the poster. "Let's go tell the boys." Gwen replies, taking her hand and leading her back to the line. "Figured out what we're gonna watch?" Ben asks. "Yup. We're watching Up." Aria tells him with a smile. "Up?" Ben asks. "I don't know what it's about, but it seems fun." Aria replies. "If you say so." Ben nods. When they got their ticket and entered the cinema, Aria grabbed Ben's hand and led him to the food court to get popcorn and drinks, and they made their way to the screening room. They sit a few rows from the back, and Gwen and Kevin decide to watch a different movie.

The two sat in silence, waiting for the movie to start. When the movie started, Aria grabbed Ben's hand and watched the screen with a smile, and her eyes turned green. However, it quickly turns into a frown, and her eyes go blue when Ellie's health deteriorates and she dies. Aria covers her face to hide her eyes, and Ben rubs her back supportively. When she calmed down, Aria ate a handful of popcorn and continued watching the movie.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

When the movie was over, Aria and Ben exited the screening room. "So, much for a happy movie. You were crying during the first ten minutes." Ben comments. "Hey, it's not my fault. The poster showed a house with a bunch of balloons. How am I supposed to know it was sad?" Aria asks. "Jeez." Aria sniffs, wiping her face. "I gotta go wash my face." She tells him. "All right, I'll go look for Gwen and Kevin." Ben says, and Aria nods, going to the bathroom. Aria turned on the tap, washed her face, and looked at herself in the mirror. She fixed her ponytail and braid, and then she plucked off any lint on her clothes, then she picked out any kernel pieces from her teeth and shook water in her mouth. When she was done she headed out of the bathroom to find Ben.