8: Eli's gift

Jordan Kent, I went to sleep after helping Eli, but I don't think he did, which I'm kind of glad for, that nightmare really messed with him. It was the weekend so school isn't happening. We were having breakfast, Eli Looked like nothing happened last night... or that always happens, he looks the same. "I'm going to go and See Nat for a couple hours" Eli informed, he hadn't eaten much Either, but with his dream last night... I don't blame him. "That's fine Eli" Mum allowed, I'm not going to tell them about the dream, I don't think he'd want me to, and I don't want to hurt him anymore, I've hurt him enough. "Well I should go get dressed then... we're supposed to meet up soon" said Eli, I watched him get up and Saw he hadn't eaten any of his food "You're not hungry Eli?" Asked Mum, Eli seemed a little stunned about the question. "Oh- ya, Sorry, that's okay, right?" He asked, why wouldn't it be okay? "Ya Eli, but try to eat well you're out okay?" She asked, we're all worried about Eli's eating now... and now That I think about it he doesn't Even eat much at lunch. "Okay mum" said Eli, we all froze again. He scraped his food into the bin and went upstairs. We heard his door shut. "He did it again right?" Asked Jonathan, unless we all heard it in our heads. "and he didn't realise he said it" I said, he didn't, just like last time. "I don't think this is a one time thing" said Jonathan, I don't think so either. "we shouldn't tell him, at least not now" I said, and yelling in three, two, one.. "I think that's for the best" agreed Mum, I looked up. Wait what?
"Ya" Jonathan agreed, I didn't think they'd agree, at all. "Really?" I asked, the gave me a weird look. "We all thought that yesterday" said Jonathan,  true we did. "It's Just now... nevermind, we don't tell him" I settled, I thought because it was a one time think we could keep it a secret. "But why has he started calling you that?" Asked Jonathan, it's obvious, they pointed it out to me. "Eli's never had a mum" we said, he gave us a look. "I know that, but why is he calling Mum, mum?" He asked, I think I'm hearing the question he's asking. "Why is Eli thinking of Mum like that?" I Re-frazed, he nodded, that's the question. "Probably because she's been taking care of him, he hasn't had motherly affection" I said, from what we know. "It makes sense he's doing it" mum said, he hasn't had fatherly affection in months, and has never had motherly affection, that we know of. "And he's honestly fit right in, like he'd been here the whole time" said Mum, it's true, it didn't feel that different with him here "like there was a space for him" I said, Mum nodded. It feels nice with him here. "It'll probably end soon, he's Just been through a lot" Jonathan said, I can't even imagine how he's dealing with this. "So then, we say nothing?" Checked Mum, I don't think we should say anything. "Yes" me and Jonathan agreed, how long will him calling her mum last? Eli came down stairs, wearing his Lacrosse Jersey "bye Jonathan, bye Jordan, bye mum!" He said, then he left. It's going to last isn't it?

Eli hale, I was in the Caves, waiting for Nat, I just needed to be in a place with no one else, except us. "Werepuppy I'm here!" Yelled Nat, I chuckled Slightly at the nickname. She's been using that a lot. "Hay Nat" I said, I threw my arm around her. "How are you? Any nightmares? Dreams?" Asked Nat, I sighed And Nodded. "Was a dream, became a nightmare" I breathed, we started walking. "Do you want to talk about it?" Asked Nat, I nodded, it's probably the best idea. "I think I need to Nat" I admitted, so I began with the first one I had here, the cave fire. I'd explained all the dreams I've had since I came here. "So they've all had your dad Talking to you, but the last two have felt more real?" Ask Nat, I left out the fact that his doppelganger is Clark kent, again. I nodded. "Ya, I don't care how much they hurt me, I love them. I have my dad back in them" I said, I need those dreams. "Okay Eli, but... Just be careful, those dreams sound... dangerous" said Nat, I think I understand what she means by dangerous. "I will be, Nat" I promised, we let go of each other, now walking in silence.

We walked further into the caves, I bit my lip. "I- I should of mentioned something earlier" I admitted, I stopped walked, Nat stopped a step later. "Eli if you don't want to, you shouldn't" she said, I smiled lightly, but shook my head. "No, I really should" I said, I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. "At the end of last night's dream, I got stabbed" I said, I figured that out a little after. "Ya, you told me" said Nat, my hand hovered over the middle of my torso "I woke up in pain, here.." I continued, the pain was a lot duller now. "It's still there" I added, I opened my eyes. "It's probably Just fantom pain.. nothing to worry about" suggested Nat, I thought that to, until I got dressed. "It's not..." I whispered, she looked confused. "Eli.." she said, I pulled my Jersey up, revealing an oval shaped bruise in the middle of my torso. "Eli.. how did this happen?" She gasped, I shrugged, letting go of my Jersey, covering the bruise. "I don't know, I only realised it appeared when I got dresed" I said, I pulled my Jersey down a little. "I... I'm scared Nat" I whispered, I let out another shaky breath. "Di- did this happen? Is this a dream?" I asked, I don't know if I'm in a dream now, or it's reality. "I can't tell the difference" I whispered, I could feel tears gavering in my eyes. "I can't Nat" I said, I picked up a chunk of X.K "I can't tell if this is a dream!" I yelled, I threw the X.K against the ground. I felt a hand on my arm. "I can't tell if this is a dream" I repeated quietly, all my dreams have been so real since I turned, which isn't apart of the package. "I'm terrified Nat" I said, I turned to her. "It's okay Eli, this is real Eli, I promise okay?" promised Nat, I rubbed the middle of my palm. "sure" I said quietly, Nat put her hand on mine, in-between the thumb and palm. "hay, I get why you're nervous, but you're not in a dream" she said, she pulled my hand to my side. "You realised?" I asked, not many have. "I know you Eli" she said, she does, better then anyone. I took a deep breath. "Well, if this is a dream, hopefully I'll be able it introduced you to my dad" I smiled, that would of been nice, him knowing I have a friend. "well, maybe in your dream you could make me appear" suggested Nat, I Laughed, that'd be cool. "I wish, but I can't control my dreams" I chuckled, If I could, I'd be back home with my dad. I sighed. "Werepuppy, you okay?" She asked, I shrugged, I don't know. "Right, stupid question" she said, I squeezed her hand. "Umm, you want to talk about Lacrosse?" She asked, I smiled a little. "It's actually interesting" she said, I smiled more. "Ya, I'd like that, Just.. give me a few minutes" I asked, she nodded as we began walking again. "Nat... what if this bruise is from the dream?" I asked, that was playing on my head. "I- it's probably Just that you hurt yourself in your sleep and your dream brought it in" she said, I took in a breath. "Ya, that's what happened" I agreed, that's what happened...