9: going to the superman museum

Eli hale, it's been about a month since I 'fake forgave' Jordan because he gave me Lacrosse gear, I'm still so happy about that. But nothing else has happened since really, my Good-bad dreams with dad have continued, which again, I'm so glad about, even though it hurts most nights, waking up without him. the full moon happened, it was hard but I held control easier, and I didn't need to dig my hands into anything! S-sure I was still on all fours and my feet slightly dug into the ground instead, but still, progress! "You excited for tomorrow?" Lois asked, the school trip's tomorrow, to the Superman museum. "I guess" I shrugged, it's still Just a museum, to me anyway. "It'll be fun Eli, especially for someone who hasn't known about Superman his whole life" promised Jordan, that's what they keep telling me. "I'm open to liking it, and don't worry I'll keep my surprise- or whatever hidden" I assured, I stabbed my fork into the sausage. "And Eli, you can't go out to the barn later than eight tonight, I know you normally have till ten, but not tonight" she Reminded, a few day's after we played Lacrosse Lois allowed me to stay in the barn and play because of my insomnia for a few hours, from ten-twelve, sometimes even past twelve! But no higher than that.. except on the weekends when I sneak out and play without permission... and sometimes weekdays.  "I remember mum" I said, I feel a little guilty, but I can't help not being able to sleep because of nightmares or Just plain insomnia, and Lacrosse passes the time much faster than laying in bed. "Okay but-" she continued, I sighed, fiddling with the food. "Mum, give Eli a break, you've said it enough" groaned Jonathan, she's brought it up every day this week! 'remember, you can't go out on the night of the trip' it got tiring real fast. "okay, okay, now you three need to go to bed, now" ordered Lois, we ran upstairs to our rooms.

I was on my bed, fiddling with my Keys, I may smeak out most nights, but she told me not to, so I won't. My room was more decorated, I have a couple posters of my favourite retr- games and singers, I have a Lacrosse corner now, and a couple wall Decals on.. the walls, it's more decorated then 'my' room with Scott, and around the same amount as my ol- "Holy sheet I'm thinking of this as my room" I said, Lois agreed that I could 'mute' my swears, so I say shirt, sheet, and fork now. "Well I guess it is now" I sighed, we haven't really tried to find a way back, and the only reason I'd want to... isn't there. "please go to sleep tonight, I want to see him" I begged, I put my Keys in the draw, Glancing at the picture of Clark kent, my Dad's doppelganger. "Night Dad" I smiled sadly, I closed the draw and Lade back against my bed.

I was laying against something rough and... tiny? I sat up, shaking my head. "Huh?" I mumbled, I was in... some sort of desert? "Dad?" I asked, this is.. odd, I've never seen a place like this. "Dad!" I yelled, I pulled myself up, off the Sand. I felt a harsh breeze, I turned, looking for what caused it. "Da- dad?" I asked, he didn't look like himself, he was Clark Kent again. "ya, it's me, it's me Eli" he Asurred, I walked into his arms. He.. seems scared. "Listen  need to get you out of here, okay?" He told, his hands were on my shoulders. "y- ya" I stuttered, I'm getting worried, what is he talking about? There was a whoosh and.. we- we were in the caves. My dad let go of me and I almost fell down, but he caught me. "What- what Just happened?" I asked, he brushed me off. "It's hard to explain" he responded, I sat down on the cave floor, but he stood alert. "Why are we in the caves?" I asked, I've only had one dream where we were in the caves. "You- you recognise this place?" He asked, He seemed worried- or confused, at me recognising the caves? "That isn't important right now" he said, he sat down next to me, pulling me very close. "Dad? What's going on?" I asked, I held on to him. "You're- You're scaring me" I said, he let go of me, putting a gap between us. "I'm sorry" he sighed, I pulled myself next to him. "don't be, Just explain, please dad" I begged, he put his arm around me, pulling me close again. "we.. we're in a safe place, okay?" He assured, I can tell he doesn't want to give me anymore information. "Well... I had my eleventh full moon" I said, I'm Trying to lighten the mood. "you did?! How was it?" He asked, he was excited now. "It was okay, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be" I answered, still hard, but not as bad. "-That's good" he said anxiously,  why is he worried? "What's wrong dad? why are you so worried?" I asked, he sighed, leaning back against the cave wall. "It's hard to explain, okay?" He said, I rolled my eyes, Slumping. He's not going to tell me, I know better than to ask again. "I'm going on a school trip tomorrow" I said, I curled up against him, I like being close to him. "That's cool right? Where you going?" He asked, I rolled my eyes "A museum, but my friends say that it'll be better than I think" I answered, it is about a superhero, so it'll probably a little better. "At least You're not in class" said Dad, I chuckled Slightly, true. "ya, at least I'm not in class" I agreed, I held onto him, like every other dream, I'm afraid of him disappearing.