6

"I know where her house is..." Billy spoke.

Stu lights a cigarette on as he sit on Billy's porch.

"It's on the other block." He said.

"Well do we kill her?" Stu ask.

"We can do that later, first we gotta scare that daughter of a slut Sidney." Billy's voice turned dark and deep.

"Poor Sidney." Stu Chuckled.

Billy looks at Stu and got an idea..."We'll scare her tonight, go grab your fucking mask Stu." Billy demanded and Stu nodded before heading to Billy's house.

The boys drove to where Sidney's house is, it was almost in the middle of nowhere so it's the perfect place to scare someone.

Later in Sidney's house, she was left alone since her father went on a trip and won't be back until next week...

"You sure I can stay there for a week?" She's on the phone talking to Tatum.

"Yeah of course you're always welcome here you know that Sid." Tatum replied on the phone.

"Well tell your mom I say thank you..." She said

"I will..."

"I gotta go I'll see you tomorrow." She hangs up

Sidney hangs up.  She takes a seat at her computer and boots it
up.  She sits in front of it staring at the blue screen...her own
reflection staring back.

In the living room

Sidney comes down the stairs, her arms carrying a change of
clothes, toothbrush, make-up...

She opens the hall closet and pulls a small overnight bag from the top shelf.  Moving into the living room she loads it up, plopping down on the sofa, hitting the TV remote.

A news reporter fades in.

"The entire nation was shocked today by the teen murders in North Carolina..." The reporter said.

Sidney switches channels.

"The State Bureau of Investigation has joined forces with local authorities to help catch what the Governor has called the most heinous..." Reporter number two said.

The channel switches again. Gale weathers appears, standing in
front of the school. Her white teeth gleaming.

"This is not the first time the small town of Bayboro has endured such tragedy. Only a year ago, Maureen Prescott, wife and mother, was found raped and murdered..." Gale said through the TV.

Eyes frozen, mesmerized by the image.  Suddenly she CLICKS the TV off.  Her eyes go to the clock on the end table.  5:45 PM.  Her
eyes then move to the framed photo next to it...the same black and white photo stares at her...a healthy, vibrant woman. An older version of Sidney.

Sidney curls up on the sofa closing her eyes tight...

The clock on the end table reads 7:15 PM.  Sidney is fast asleep
on the couch.  The phone RINGS.  Sidney leaps up grabbing the
portable phone.

"I'm on my way." It's Tatum

She looks at the clock "It's past seven."

"Don't worry, Casey and Steve didn't die after ten." She joked.

"Tatum... It's not funny consider that Ali was there." She rub her eyes to wake up and stood up.

"Ali seemed fine to me, What if she's the killer?" Tatum laughs

"I don't think Ali has the capability to do that." Sidney looks out the window.

"She's very traumatized about what happened..." She added.