Home

My head was ringing like a thousand buckets of ice had been dropped onto it. My limbs still felt weak and broken, but I was warm, held down though something was atop me.

An eye slowly crept open, followed by the other. The light was blinding since when did the sun decide to explode? That exceptionally heavy thing atop me was a blanket, a pasty white colour from the looks of it. Though the sun god it was blinding, I couldn't make out anything that resembled a dark colour.

Wait, wait!!!

I was on a boat, I was drowning! "SARA!" I yelped, but my voice was hoarse and rough, scratchy even like I swallowed a razor blade.

I heard footsteps charging into the room at me. I squirmed in bed, but my head fell back to the pillow aggressively. I fought harder and harder to free myself, but I just couldn't.

A woman came storming in, Chinese from the looks of it and began asking me if I was OK "Hey easy now, are you alright?" There was a pint of aggression to her concerned tone.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I pleaded. She looked at me, analysing my body and bed before making her response. "I am Tatsu, and this is my son Akio."

"Sara, where is she!"

"I am sorry, Ms Gulong. You were the only one salvaged from the wreck, and whoever did this to you is gone,"

Gone? Slade must have washed out to sea. I glided my eyes down to a small child beside her. So that's where all this assertive energy comes from she was something to lose if she let's her guard down around me. Either way, the psychology of some mother and her son doesn't matter what matters is me fleeing here right now. But I can't move. My head is turned only slightly on the pillow, and my neck feels like coming apart. "My husband shall visit you soon. I recommend you get comfortable. Come Akio, " responded Tatsu to my probably obvious distress. As she ushered the young boy out of the room, I glanced to the ceiling it was a little darker now that my eyes had begun to adjust.

I just stared and stared and stared...I was meant to die back there, I wanted to die back there! The these wannabe ninjas kidnapped Sara! That one with his brown eyes, he's first ill make sure of it.

But all the vengeance and killing in the world won't bring Oliver back...it won't bring my family back.

I tilted my head to the wall beside me and drifted into sleep through rough and wet sobs.

***

I felt at peace. Like I was drifting through a void. It was almost like I was underwater again drowning but peacefully this time, like I was ready to go. But as I rested in this void, a pain shot throw my shoulder, and it kept rising and rising and growing till I jumped from the void.

"Ahh damn it!" I yelped like a wounded dog.

"Easy easy," called out a voice from behind me with a hand quickly holding my rocking back in place. I was freezing and everything too cold to shift my body anyway. My breathing quickened at a frightening rate.

"I'm just changing the bandage. This will only be a moment." The voice was much darker and deeper than Tatsus. It was almost like Slade, but the tone and accent were far too different they sounded Chinese even. Judging by Tatsus look and her son, they must all be Chinese like me, but it still doesn't explain where the hell I am.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands reach under my arms and lift me up, pushing my body against the wall, slowly but firmly. It's not ok to close to damn close. The first thing I notice I my knew position was my change of clothing it had been replaced since the boat with a black tank top giving who I can assume is Tatsus husband clear access to my wound while I slept. I guess I was really out of it the first time I woke up to not even notice.