The personality of death

I fell... collapsing to the floor, too stunned to flinch and awake from my dying dream.

The floor felt wet like a miniscule pool of water that would stretch for miles upon miles yet was mere an inch deep . It was as if I fell on my back into this water with my fingertips barely grazed by its shallows. My long black hair was floating to my faces side as it levitated through the water.

I felt...at peace.

I looked up and saw nothing. I raised my body and saw nothing. Not even the water I could sense beneath me...nothing was there. Though I could feel the bottom, though I could feel everything beneath and around me, I was lost and stranded here. But it was calm. I was alone, but that was fine. I felt no fear.

"Hey, Shado!"

What? Who's there? The world around me lit up slightly as if my eyes were opening for the first time. Yeah, nothing but water and a light orange glow. It was as if it radiated warmth. Is that even possible?

My blood spiked. I could feel it. It was unnatural where this is. It's not real, maybe? The voice was vague but familiar. It was like a friend. A voice that's always at the back of my head, but it's finally coming forth. It needed me to hear something.

"Turn around,"

I pivoted swiftly as I sat up and looked behind me.

"No, no, you're dead!" I screamed quickly, rising to my feet.

"I don't look it." He replied nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"OLIVER DIED," I called out in rage and confusion and everything else it was a flurry of emotions.

"I did...your right," he commented, smacking his lips as he fixed his posture connecting his hands before him. "But... you need to talk to me, let your emotions out, and you need to see me."

"So the very second i die the devil sends you to torture me?" I responded," My body still gasped for air as I scanned the area. My lungs filled with words I could not speak and my brain consumed by thoughts I dared not repeat.

"You're not dead... yet," Oliver muttered with a grin on his face. "Dying would be the correct term,"

"If I'm dying, why did you bring me here?" I murmured now, feeling a sharp pain in my side though nothing was there.

"I didn't," he chuckled god what a prick mocking me as I die, but he was too much like my Oliver to not be real. It hurt more than my growing wound. "You summoned me,"

"I what?" I retored my muscles growing tense from the pain and uncertainty of this situation.

"You need to hear something, something you already know, but I don't think you're willing to embrace it, at least not without hearing it from someone like me."

"And what would that be?" I call out my breath drawing thin.

"The same thing I told you before I died,"

"You didn't say anything before you died!" I screamed.

"You got the message. You're just not willing to read it!"

"THEN WHAT THE HELLS THE MESSAGE?"

Oliver looked at me almost perplexed by my rage before adjusting his composure, looking a lot better, more like he did before I began this screaming match.

"Make the right choice," he whispered with me somehow, hearing it as clear as day.

"What's the right choice?" I pleaded as the water below me turned red and began to rise and burn. It was scolding hot!