Chapter 29

Surprise bitches. It's been like a year.

*Karl pov*

We arrived at Sapnap's house and we both got out of the car. I grabbed his hand as we walked up to the house. I felt my heart beat faster as I knew he wanted to talk about what happened.

"Karl, are you okay?" He asked, opening the front door.

I didn't respond. We went into his house, and I followed him to his room. We both sat on the edge of his bed. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off.

"I need to stop self sabotaging myself." I mumbled.

He furrowed his brows a bit.

"Self sabotaging? Karl, what are you -"

"First Cody, then Myles, Cody again, and now this fucking guy." I cut him off.

"Who?" He asked.

"His name is Lucas. I decided to go on a date with him and it was a stupid fucking idea. I knew it was stupid and I still went. Christ, I'm basically asking for it at this point." I ranted, adding a half scoff half laugh to the end.

Sapnap frowned.

"You aren't asking for it." He stated.

"Oh fuck off Sapnap. I am, and you know it too." I said, standing up.

"Sit down, Karl. You aren't supposed to be moving around a lot. Especially without your crutches." He reminded me.

"How the hell do you continue to do this!? I've put you through so much. You didn't deserve that." I stated.

"I'm here because I want to be. If I was tired of you, I would leave, but I'm not. I want to stay." He argued.

I ran a hand through my hair.

"Why did you even go on the date?" He asked.

I felt my eyes welling up with tears.

"Karl, please." He begged.

"No." I mumbled, shutting my eyes and shaking my head.

"No, what?" He asked.

I opened my eyes again.

"I can't tell you. You'll hate me." I said, letting the tears fall.

He stood up, and I backed away from him. He reached a hand towards me.

"Karl, please I-"

"Don't fucking touch me Sapnap." I demanded.

He looked hurt and upset.

"What did I do?" He mumbled.

"Fuck- nothing. It's me. Just me. Okay? You didn't do anything. I promise." I told him.

"Then why are you hiding things from me now? I'm so confused, Karl. I just want an explanation." He said.

I backed closer to his bedroom door.

"I'm not trying to force you to talk to me, but you're pushing me away now." He stated.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"All I want is an explanation, and I won't push you anymore." He said.

I looked into his tear filled eyes. They threatened to fall any second.

"Fine Sapnap. Do you want an explanation?" I asked sarcastically.

He nodded.

"I'm in love with you and there's nothing I can fucking do about it. I tried to talk to other guys to distract myself from you, but it never fucking works. You're always there, and I can't get you out of my head. You're straight, and that means I can't have you. I don't know how to accept the fact that I'm in love with someone I can't have." I ranted through tears.