Chapter 9. A Sight For Sore Eyes.

Clifton's POV.

I walked behind Xander without saying a word on the way back to our room. My mind was racing. The revelation of his after death experience had been mind blowing. I had read about people experiencing this before and his account didn't seem outlandish or too far fetched. His words were not forced or laboured and were most convincing. His demeanour had made it all totally believable too.

In fact everything that he had said was totally believable, and I was stunned by his honesty and the trust that he was putting on me.

His secret didn't dampen my interest in him one bit or change my opinion that he was definitely gay. It actually fed it. It just confirmed my initial impression that he was an interesting person.

The fears that I had been trying to suppress myself were rising up and filling my thoughts. It was only fair after him revealing his secrets that I should reveal mine too but he was wanting to know about things that I certainly couldn't talk about. Things regarding my twin's death that had to remain hidden.

Was he telling the truth though? There's no way he could have known what happened yet the words he had used, and the manner in which he had said them, was exactly how my brother would have said them.

It had to be the truth.

There was no other reasonable explanation.

We hardly spoke to each other as we settled down for the night.

Xander had previously told me that he thought the rooms were not a safe place to discuss really private things so if we did talk it was often quietly. He seemed paranoid that someone would be listening, outside our door, to what we were saying.

Given the persecution he was subjected to he had good enough reason to be.

I hardly slept that night. I lay awake unable to shake off the words that Xander had said my twin had uttered. I had an awful feeling that he would visit Xander and me again.

When he did I vowed not to do a runner but to embrace the opportunity. My heart ached to be able to speak with him once more. I wanted to hear from him that he really didn't blame me for getting in his way. I wanted to know for sure that he accepted that it wasn't my fault. His accident was just that, an accident, and that I didn't cause it on purpose.

I was woken by a hand shaking my shoulder and Xander's voice calling my name. He was towering over me wearing just a pair of shorts, a towel hanging around his neck, and another over his arm and his wash things in his hand.

"It's 6.30...... I'm going to shower.... Do you want to come with me to beat the rush?"

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. "Thanks. You go on ahead and I'll be with you in a mo.... Okay?"

Xander nodded and gave a weird sort of smile as he left the room.

I adjusted my morning boner, hoping that it wouldn't show too much, knowing it would subside as soon as I had a pee. I gathered up my wash bag and towels and jogged off to the bathroom with my wash bag discreetly placed in front of me.

I entered the bathroom and made straight for the toilet cubicle rather than the urinal, not even looking to see where Xander was.

Relieved, I exited and paused as I was about to enter one of the many empty shower booths. I looked over at the only booth that was occupied. I could tell it was Xander as his distinctive frame was silhouetted through the opaque glass door.

My boner immediately returned and I rushed into the cubicle opposite and shut the door real quick. I hung my towels over the door in an attempt to hide my body shape and stripped naked. A quick beating off, followed by a cold shower, swiftly cooled my ardour.