Chapter 50. Guilty By Association.

I need to be in love by The Carpenters (Male Cover)
https://youtu.be/kjsDjp0Q3Zw

be/kjsDjp0Q3Zw

Xander's POV.

While Cliff went to pick us up some lunch I headed over to the Music Wing. I was surprised to see Nessie was talking to River and Julian in one of the booths.

I wondered what they were talking about. I imagined it would be about the night that River had entrapped Mervyn. I hadn't spoken to him much since then as we didn't want us to be linked to what happened.

Discovering that night that River had gone to great lengths to protect Julian from being fucked by Mervyn had astonished me. Their friendship must be so strong for him to be willing to prevent Julian's sexuality from being made known. The video I saw of Julian on Toad's phone would be very damning if it was ever made public. I just hoped that Toad didn't have any of them backed up elsewhere.

I still wasn't sure if River was actually gay or not. He had only ever inferred he was. I know he had said he wouldn't mind sucking Cliff off but thought that might be just to convince me to help him.

Gay or straight? It really didn't matter as I couldn't believe that someone would do what he had done to protect a friend. I knew they were roommates but it was still a really impressive thing for him to have done.

Julian's secret was one that I would be definitely keeping, along with the secret of every boy that I had seen images of on Toad's phone and in his Dropbox. Even the identities of boys expressing homophobic views that secretly indulged in swallowing another boy's DNA.

By deleting the master file that I still had would ensure that. I just needed Nessie's approval first. It would have to wait so I walked back to meet up with Cliff.

As I entered the main building, boys were running through the corridors.

"There's going to be a fight between the rugby team in the refectory!" I heard one boy yell out to another as they passed each other.

I saw Bradley and Leo enter ahead of me just as I arrived and cautiously walked in and stood to one side by the door.

I saw Cliff take a step towards another boy as if he was threatening him. It was Markus Young. A known associate of Toad's that had enjoyed verbally abusing me whenever the opportunity arose. In one way I hoped Cliff would punch his lights out but in another hoped he didn't as he would be in trouble.

"Markus?" I heard Cliff say as he moved closer to him, eyeballing him. "Tell me this..... What does me being gay have to do with playing rugby? You were happy to have me playing alongside you before there was any talk of my sexuality......, so what's changed?"

"I'm not the only one who won't feel comfortable being in the changing rooms or showers with you queer fucker being around!" Markus answered back.

"You need to grow up. Do you really think I'm going to jump you?" Cliff replied. I was pleased to see that he hadn't lashed out with his fists. "Well! I have news for you.... you are not my type. I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested in anyone else......"