Chapter 47. Hypothetical Scenario.

I Just Can't Help Believing by Boys Town Gang (1983)
https://youtu.be/67-4X8MmWGI

be/67-4X8MmWGI

Clifton's POV.

Bradley and Leo filled us in at lunchtime with what little they had managed to find out about Trevor. One of Trevor's friends had told them that he had whinged, as he packed all his personal belongings up in his room, that his father, and Kasper and Fabian's parents, were taking them out of school and they were all going to file charges regarding the assault.

Trevor had said that his father was incensed that he was now being accused of blackmailing other boys with pictures he had of them on his phone when no evidence had been presented by old Jock to back these accusations up. Trevor had also claimed that the two pictures on his stolen phone, that had been returned, were not on there before. His friend had also said that Trevor seemed optimistic that their solicitor would easily deal with these unsubstantiated claims.

I was happy that Trevor would no longer be at school but annoyed that it looked like he was going to get away with it.

Bradley and Leo didn't seem at all bothered by the news that charges were going to be filed. They seemed happy enough that Nessie would broker a good deal for them with Jock.

"We are meant to be meeting Nessie and then with Jock shortly." Xander advised as we finished our lunch and were clearing the table.

"Bloody hell! Is it that time already?" I answered as I looked at the time on my phone, grateful for the reminder. "Sorry guys, Xander and I have permission to skip classes this afternoon to have that meeting with Jock. Meet up during Prep?"

Leo placed a hand on my shoulder. "Good luck and 'Illegitimi non carborundum'.

I laughed. Leo wasn't that good at Latin but would always remember the good expressions like 'Don't let the bastard grind you down'.

"I don't like the idea of Trevor getting away with it all," I moaned as we walked over to the Music Wing. "I was hoping that he would get exposed to the whole school for the blackmailing bastard that he is."

"Maybe he will." Xander answered, optimistically. "Maybe Nessie will be able to persuade Logan or Niko to make a full statement against them. Then there's Merv the Perv. If he gets caught tonight and can be linked to Trevor then we will get the result that everyone wants."

We sat talking to Nessie for about half an hour. He gave us better news than the not quite so factual gossip that Bradley and Leo had given us. Trevor had been refused permission to be allowed to remain at school whilst the enquiries were being made into the reasons for the assault, despite his father's demands that he should, as it would give the impression that his attackers had won.

However, the Headmaster would not be swayed and Nessie said he had stood his ground and had officially suspended him. In doing that he now would have to advise the Board of Governors of his reasons why.