Chapter 33. The Stuarts.

I Only Want To Be With You - Bay City Rollers (1976)
https://youtu.be/YurID2V9HfY

be/YurID2V9HfY

Xander's POV.

We all sat around the table having just had an early lunch. The taxi to take us the 220 plus miles to Clifton's home in Beaconsfield was due any minute now. Cliff had said that there was a motorway nearly all the way and the taxi firm had advised that the journey would take around 4 hours as there were a few road works to contend with.

Neither of us had slept well as we both had said that we were a little apprehensive about how the following days would pan out.

Amelia had been getting on my nerves all morning. She had insisted on hanging around us in the studio as we whiled away the time. Cliff had been playing the piano with me playing the guitar. Her flirtatious overtures towards Cliff had been met with little or no response by him but she had continued trying to impress him by making complimentary remarks whenever she could. Even my subtle, and not so subtle comments, to get lost had fallen on deaf ears. The one time I could have done with Marcus being around, to get rid of her like before, but he was ensconced in his bedroom gaming.

Over lunch it was like she was almost eye fucking Cliff with the looks she was giving him. I was at the point of telling her to 'back off because he's mine' when her antics were fortunately noticed by Nana. A curt 'Amelia, sweetheart. Enough! Clifton is 17 and is not at all interested in a silly, immature 14 year old girl, is he now?' certainly knocked the wind out of her sails and she sat there, red faced, and pouted.

That seemed to have really amused Marcus for some reason. It was the way he had smirked and looked at Cliff, then at me, that had me thinking he was adding two and two together and coming up with five instead of four.

The taxi arrived bang on time and, as Nana and Bamps were hugging Cliff farewell and inviting him to come and stay whenever he wanted, Marcus helped me load our luggage.

"Beaconsfield eh? Very white and very middle to upper class." He force whispered so no-one else could hear. "Bet he hasn't told them he's turning up with a 'friend' your colour in tow, has he now?"

It was the way he emphasised the word 'friend' that made me think that he had worked out our secret.

I glared at him. Too dumbstruck to reply.

He smirked, knowing that he had rattled me. "Hope his parents are as understanding as Nana and Bamps or your little brown arse would have to get it's thrills from being kicked all the way back here...... Wouldn't it just?"

I slammed the boot shut. "You're just jealous because you don't have a friend to invite you to stay!" It was the best that I could come up with at such short notice without making a real big scene about it.

I waved at Nana and Bamps as Cliff joined me and we took our seats in the back of the taxi. We continued waving out of the window as the taxi pulled away, out through the gates and away down the road.