Chapter Three: Where Monsters Go

Banner Pov:

I walk into the security room with a box of cheap Chinese take out and a coffee I had Jarvis order for me. I have no emotions, or at least, I don't feel anything in this particular moment. Tony, Cap, Thor, Clint and Nat sit at the table, watching whatever was going on on the screen.

I set down my Chinese food and groan at my life. Where is girl! The Hulk demands in my head. We put her in containment. She'll be ok. I try to calm both of us down. Tony wouldn't have actually put her down there with Loki. No matter how many mistakes he makes, I know he won't make that one. I stare at the reports and body scans Jarvis had to conduct on the female.

She looks normal as in, she has the appropriate vital signs of an adolescent. Her bone structure looks to be significantly stronger, but I can't be certain until I can run more tests.  I take a sip from my coffee and shake my head to clear my thoughts.

"Hey Bruce." Nat walked up behind me, spooking me for a second.

"Oh, h-hey Natasha." I say almost breathlessly. She. Is. So. Beautiful. I become very self aware of my drabby clothes and unkempt hair. She eyes me hard. "Somethings wrong." I take a breath and sigh.

"She has the vital signs of a teenager, but that strength is other worldly... I'm afraid that, if she is a super-human, what that might mean for us... and her." Hulk grumbles, We share same pain. Shut up! I take my gaze away from Nat's and pretend that I am heavily interested in my coffee.

"Banner, I swear to God that if you are eating that Chinese takeout in my tower I will sue." Tony calls, not even bothering to look at me. Cap gives Tony the look that Cint has deemed the, "Do-not-take-the-Lord's'-name-in-vain-look" and I roll my eyes.

"Says the man who ate a bag of blueberries on the S.H.I.E.L.D. ship." I retort. I come over to the table, still not watching the screens. I can hear Loki's voice over the speaker and the Hulk tenses, Hulk wish Hulk smashed puny God... Hulk whined. If we did, we'd have Thor to deal with. Hulk smash Thor... Hulk smash EVERYBODY! Yeah... Hulk hurts everybody too... I can feel Nat's eyes on me again and I clear my head. Finally I look up at the screen and pale. "Why is she in the cell directly next to Loki!?"

Tony swivels around in his chair, "She could potentially be an ally for him."

"Or, she could potentially be another target for him!" My voice thickens and I can sense the Hulk, rising out of my consciousness.

"Tony..." Nat says

"Not now Ms. Romanoff I am trying to talk sense into Banner." Tony cuts off.

"Tony it's..." Clint tries.

"Not. Now." Tony emphasizes.

"Mr. Stark!" Thor booms. Tony gets up from his chair.

"WHAT!" He yells. There is a moment of silence before the sound of banging glass and crying reaches over the speakers. My gaze whips to the screen and I see the girl banging her fists against the glass.

"Please! Help me please!" She screamed as Loki laughed maniacally and taunted her. The Hulk fueled my speed as I run out of the security room down into the containment chambers. I can sense someone following me but I don't address it. I sprint towards her and slam the "Release" button on the console.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) Pov:

Cold. That's what first awaked me. The numbness coating my arms and legs turned into fiery pins and needles. I groaned and stretched as I rubbed my neck. I open my eyes and stare at my reflection.

I'm surrounded by glass, my reflection in the glass stared back at me. Everything that made me Dragonborn was gone... even my eyes were only a (darker version of your eyes). I curl into a ball and sob.

A crashing sound sounded beside me and I yelped, ducking away. A man with raven hair and mystical iced blue eyes. He tilted his head in a sadistic smile and walk forward. He stopped a few yards away, and took in a deep breath. "I do love the sense of fear... especially from a lesser life form such as yourself."

I stare at him. He's unnaturally tall and fair. I look away towards the walls of my new found prison. Whatever technology they are using is repelling any magic. I look back at the man whose eyes bore into mine. "Interesting... your mental barriers are fascinating."

"It's to keep things like you out." I snap, surprised by the sound of my own voice. "I was trained to fear and protect myself from beings far worse than you."

The man laughs, but there is no humor. "Oh, dear mortal... there is NOTHING worse that ME." He leans on what I now know to be an invisible barrier. "Do you know why you're here...?" His voice is laced in toxic venom. I shake my head. "You're a monster, they only ever put monsters like us down here..." He bangs against the barrier and I shriek, running away from him.

He laughs and I slam my hands against the glass. "Please! Let me out!" A man with dark curly haired runs toward the cell, presses a button and the glass opened. I run through towards him. As the laughs fade behind me I look up at him. "B-Banner?" I ask.

He only nods, and I can green highlights fade into his skin. I only hug him and cry softly, Banner turns to a security camera and glares at it. A woman runs in from behind him.

"Is she...?"

"She's fine Nat." Banner says holding me closer to him. 

"Poor thing." Nat comes up and pats the my head. The I look up at her then embrace her in a heartfelt hug. I look up to see Nats reaction. She is stunned but soon hugs me back and speaks soothingly to me. "What is your name?" Natasha asked quietly. 

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n)... and I don't no what I am."