Chapter 15: Patience

Loki POV

Of. Course. Of course, they'd send me back here. I look around at the beautiful nation of Asgard.... my home. I gaze out over the nation, it was peacefully quiet, untouched and whole. Thor was with me, and honestly... I was glad he was. We quietly stared in awe at our home, then glance at each other. We had limited time; with a sigh we walk towards Thor's ex-lover's room. I look around, scoffing. Of course, his ex-lover was the harbinger of the freaking Reality Stone, it's the sort of thing that always happens with Thor. While, in my case... I never loved. I begin to see him in a different light. He had loved and lost it. I lost it before I could ever have it. But hopefully I could undo my mistake. As long as there won't be any distra-...

"Boys?" That voice. 

Oooooohhhhhhh, shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit. Not her. Please no. 

"Hey... mom." Thor sighs as he turns to face our mother, while I stood frozen with my back turned to her. This wasn't supposed to happen, I wasn't supposed to be here!

"Thor... is that..." Our mother, Queen Frigga, walks quickly towards me and turns me around to face her. "Loki..." She reached to me, then stopped. Her eyes changed from confusion to understanding. "You're not... you're not from here." My gaze must contain amounts of shock because she composes herself and continues, "You're not from this time, my sons." Thor and I must've looked like children who were caught sneaking sweets. Mother doesn't look upset though, instead she smiles. "Look at my boys, you have grown in age and wisdom."

"And size." I tease while poking Thor is stomach, Thor scoffed and flicked my hand away. "Mother, you absolutely cannot tell anyone we were here." I say in all seriousness. She looks at us again, taking it all in before sighing.

"I will not tell a soul." She whispers. "Whatever you are about to do, I trust you're doing it for a good reason." I can't help it; I grab her hands and kiss her cheek.

"Mother, I have met this amazing woman. I think I love her, but Thanos took her from me. I don't know what I should do when -if- I see her again and... and..." I only now notice her wide smile, and I blush uncontrollably. Thor slaps my back and I take a lurching step forward. 

"As you can see Mother, Loki here has girl problems."  Thor laughs, then turns serious. "Loki, we must be swift." My gaze darkens, right... the mission. I grip my mother's hand tighter, and Thor kisses her cheek. Her expression is a mixture of sadness and pride as she watches us go. 

"Loki." I turn to face her. "It will be harder than most for her to heal, harder still for you to watch her in pain." I stare at her, but she says nothing more, so I nod in respect and a farewell. When I turn away, even more determined to complete this mission.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

There's a time when consciences separate itself from the Soul tears itself away from It's a horrible, painful thing that can last up to a millennium. Destiney was dying, holding the fractured universe together can do that. (Y/n) knew that, knew that something was wrong, every day, every hour she could feel herself being slowly devoured. Destiney needed to save itself and the souls it harbors. (Y/n) was the strongest however, (Y/n) had the most heart, the most soul. So, Destiney reluctantly started to pull the very thing that made her who she was apart and fed off of it. (Y/n) was aware of this, which makes the sheer terror even worse. 

(Y/n) is now barely a shadow of who she originally was. This is the phenomenon death, where the wish of an afterlife is merely a dream in a sea of nightmares. Destiney knows it's killing her, but the sacrifice of on life for the lives of trillions isn't much of a choice. But somewhere out there, is a prayer made by a desperate man. A prayer that he will succeed in his mission and see her again. And that helped fuel Destiney's determination to hold on, just until they retrieve the stones and bring everyone back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki POV

Never. Never Again. Yes the process of going back and forth through time is pretty much painless, but the nausea caused from zipping through the quantum realm is just not worth it. I shake myself and almost stagger. Spirits seem high enough, till we look towards where Clint and Natasha stand... correction, where Clint stands alone without Natasha. Our questions are answered by the look on his face, but the main thought on my mind is not on Natasha. It's on how (Y/n) will react when she realizes her mother figure is gone... I have rarely ever spoken to Natasha, but I now wish I had talked to her. Funny, how we wish to fix things just after it's too late. I watch as emotions chop and change between the Avengers, as the weight of Death settles over them as well as the hopeful giddiness of being able to save the world once again.

"Okay, lets go." Starks voice shakes us out of our stupor, and temporarily, we all somewhat forget the death. I raise my head, tears running from my eyes. Thor stared at me, I look back at him. 

"(Y/n) loved Natasha... She-She will be heartbroken." I can't believe how shaky my voice was. The others all look around, then file out of the room. I couldn't believe them... this is the day when I realized the universal truth. There was a quote I read somewhere, something that went like: Heroes will sacrifice the ones they love to save the world... But a Villian will destroy the world if their loved one gets hurt. That is a lie, as a Villian I know that is a lie... and as I watch the rest of the Avengers file out it only solidifies that fact. Villains don't care, they are to blind by their motives to care. And Heroes would rather die than watch their loved ones suffer and die. I'm not a Villian or Hero. I'm merely a very powerful man who won't hesitate to stab anyone, be they Hero or Villian.

I start to follow them out of the room, to where the gauntlet lays. They have already put the stones in, and now we're just staring. I look around, then take a step forward.

"Loki... What the hell are you doing?" Stark asks. 

"I'm going to do it..." I breath out the words as if I'm not already reaching for it.

"Brother." Thor takes a step toward me as a warning. "As the strongest Avenger, it is my burden to bear." That thing... in his voice, I can feel it. I have been feeling it for the past 5 years. It's guilt, and I know he knows he cannot stop me. 

Banner takes a step towards me, "That thing is packing a ton of Gamma Radiation... It almost destroyed Thanos, it could destroy you." He takes a step forward, "I can do it."

"No!" I yelled, Captain America glanced at Stark. 

"Loki... Radiation carries heat, Brother." Thor say lowly. Heat, out of all the things that could kill me it's heat. But I can't care as I fit my hand into the gauntlet. 

Fire spears itself through my arm, leeching away my pale skin and replacing it with my original blue Jotun form. I can feel the power racing through my very soul, and it hurts. I can hear muffled yells and I am barely conscious as I bite out, "I'm fine!". They all look at me as I raise my hand... and snap.