Chapter 7: My Home

(Y/n) Pov:

My body is sore, but the male I am fighting is worse off. He is easily three times my size, and with those wings he could easily beat most of our trained warriors. He lunges and I jump away, making sure to never let him out of my sight. He lands on all fours only to spring into the air, his wings propel him higher and he blasts me with a barrage of multicolored gems. They are all sharp and made to kill, I backflip over them and lunge for the male. I cut him down with my trainers katanas.  As he fell to the ground and called out his surrender, I sheathed my katanas. 

"(Y/n)." I freeze as I hear the sickening voice of Loki, the arena around me slowly came back into focus around me.

"Yes?" I answer.

 He smiles. "I believe we have something to speak of..." I can't explain how much I don't want to see him. 

"What about?" I ask coolly, my back still turned to him. I turn to face him, he's at least a head taller and even with that limiter I know he is powerful. I walk past him and place my weapons on the rack. "If you remember, our last conversation wasn't... pleasant." 

Loki turns to follow me, "Ah yes, my apologies Lady Y/n. I was under a foreign influence." I turn to him, anger flashing in my gaze. "My sceptre has a mind manipulation spell that was used against me. I may be the god of lies, but this is the truth."

I tense my shoulders, "You called me a monster..." I say without breaking eye contact. "You made a mockery of me and my people!"

" "People"? There are more of you?" He asks smuggly, I flinch and look away. He sighs, "Lady, (Y/n)... I did not mean anything about you being a monster. I am sincerely sorry." I can't help but know he's telling the truth.

"Apology accepted." I give him what he wants because I cringe at the thought of having to speak with him any longer. He bows in gratitude, and then silence... he is gauging me. I can feel something creep up on my mental barriers and I snarl, "Leave my mind alone." 

Loki pouts, "But I can never stand secrets." He launches a powerful attack and I wince in pain as a migraine shoots across my temples. I almost buckle under his power but I stand firm. "Impressive." He smiles, it's to smug though. Somehow, he found something out. 

"Miss. (Y/n) please head down to the main living room." Mr. Starks voice speaks clearly over the speakers. I almost cry in relief as I leave him alone in the room. He is watching me with a strange intensity and I turn around.

"You were lying, Loki. You have no remorse for calling me a monster, because you see yourself in my personality. Because of your crippling self-hatred and incapability to convince anyone other than you brother that you are not a monster, you can only hope to feel better about your miserable circumstances by pointing out that you and I share a common ground." He seems surprised by my words and all traces of his emotional mask are gone. "However, you and I don't share any common ground. Monsters or not, we are nothing like each other because of one simple fact..." I lean into him and almost pressing my lips against his ear, "Because no matter what you do, you will always be Loki the god of mischief." I finally leave him, proud that I had rid myself of his nuisance once in for all. 

As I left him though, there was a tug. An urge to go back to him... why? My heart pounded furiously in my chest. Had I actually gotten that close to a god?! My face flushed and I walked faster. Loki was a god, spoiled on all the praise and validation he had received from his worshippers. But he was right, we were both the same. Our stories have the same title, we have the same mindset. I hate him, but I cannot bring myself to hate him much longer. My heart sinks at the thought hurting him, he also has a hidden sadness. 

"Miss (Y/n)." Mr. Stark calls again and I dash into the living room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki Pov:

Her steps fade behind me, but I'm too dumbfounded to move. My heart hammers aggravatingly in my chest at the thought of her so close. I punch a dummy in frustration. She is bold, very bold. I shake my head to clear it and slowly make my way towards the living room. I decide that I genuinely like her. Her voice echoes in my mind, ...you see yourself in my personality. Her words were wise and dare I say true, even if they drew blood. The thought of her breath on my ear makes me blush yet again and I groan. I will not let myself fall for an impudent girl! Ah, but dear Loki, a voice said in my mind, you already have.

Authors Note: Ahhhh! It's FINALLY happening! I hope you like the book so far!