Chapter 5: Cruelty

Loki Pov:

My time at Asgard had been predictable to say the utmost least. Odin had praised Thor over me, while Mother took me into her healing chambers. Thanks to her, I am now finally rid of that cursed mind manipulation. Ever since my banishment, Thor decided it would be a good idea to surround me with people who would like no better than to kill me, my thoughts were rudely interrupted when Thor leaned in close to me.

"Brother, I must warn you..." , He said softly. I flince, he is trying to encourage me, trying to be the brother he knew I always needed...but I  never had a brother, just a rival. 

"I know what they will think of me. " I mutter. It hurts... being so distant, so cold. My pride is the one thing keeping me back from making attachment to people. Sometimes I wonder what Thor and I could of had, had our circumstances been different. "They will see me as a monster." As they should. My mind wanders to distant things and I wince. My limiter is to blame for that, I tug at it for  a second only to come to the fact that it is pointless. " Say it. " I direct it to Thor who is fidgeting uncomfortably beside me.

 "There is someone new... Lady (Y/n)." Thor began. " She is a complicated mortal, and she holds a pain far beyond her age. " I tilt my head. 

 "What does this have to do with me?" I am genuinely curious, however I masked my voice. 

Thor sighed, " She was mistakenly put into  a cell next to you when you were still a victim of that sceptre... she spoke to you. " My head whirled.

There WAS a female... she was small but not young. She was in pain, mentally. However, the most interesting this was that she wasn't afraid of me either when she initially saw me. I don't remember what I said."I remember her... but are you getting at?" 

 "Well, dear brother..." Thor said, beaming. " You may have traumatized her. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) Pov:

Dread sinks into my very being as walk toward the living room. I know I am not trusted there, and honestly... the feeling is mutual. I walk into the living room, refusing to meet anyone's eyes as I sit the furthest away from them. They eye me but don't say anything... good, I am in no mood to have a conversation. I stare lazily out the window at the black night sky, wishing for my wings so I could soar above the world. Maybe I'd even leave it. 

I had found out about the reason for my predicament a while ago. My bracelet allows Dragonborn to travel across other realms. The bracelet had used up all of its energy bringing me here. My powers and my form will need to wait until the bracelet has fully charged, though that could be years. As for my  new found knowledge on their language... I guess that belongs to the bracelet too. My mind goes empty for a second, I have nothing else to think about...

(Y/n) I freeze, my mother's voice flows freely in my mind. (Y/n), are you listening? Focus on the problem... your realm is shattered. Your people... destroyed. You really are a monster. Only a monster would  let their people die at the hands of the Sacred. I tense. I need to distract myself or I am going to scream! 

"Hello! I, Thor Odinson, have returned!" Thor boomed so loudly it knocked me off my seat. I grumble and get to my feet. Thankfully though, everyone's eyes were on the man beside him. My heartbeat drummed in my ears as I stare at the man who taunted me in the cells. He looks the same, however... his green eyes are filled with trouble. Had they... always been green? "And this-..." Thor bellows again.

"I am Loki, God of Mischief, Trickery and Lies." He seems to smirk as he continues, "Many apologies for the attack. I was not in my right mind." He mock bowed and Thor smiled. Tony rolled his eyes and Clint looked like he could kill Loki a thousand times. Banner and I had similar reactions, shock which soon turned into resentment. I could feel Tony's gaze, he's observing to closely for my comfort. Loki looked around the room and held up his left wrist where a metallic device was located. 

"He's harmless with that limiter! Now, let's talk over some beer!" The rest of the team eye Loki suspiciously, but they let their guard down enough to accept Thor's offer. Part of me knew this was just to show Loki that they don't fear him. Loki slowly turns his gaze to me and we lock eyes. He seems, almost remorseful does he in fact remember that time in the cell? Monster... his voice seeps into my mind and I flince. I turn away, walking towards the staircase. 

"Not going to stick around?" Clint asks, Nat also looks hopefully up at me. 

"No." I almost snap at him. "I see no reason to."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki's Pov:

Thor was right, whatever I had said to (Y/n) had affected her negatively. I glance at Doctor Banner and I bristle slightly as memories of getting smashed into the floor. When I look back, she is gone. A part of me feels relieved of this, Thor is right about one thing. He's right she has more pain than a girl her age should bear, but my instincts are telling me that this girl is so much more than a mortal. I look to Thor, "May I be shown to me sleeping quarters?" Thor nods and leads the way, we walk in silence like two strangers. Thor was always the... he was always the God of Thunder. I was only trouble... I follow at a distance, I pass a room and pause as a aura of despair wafts over me. I stop. 

"Lady's (Y/n)s room." Thor explained. "She rarely ever leaves it, unless she goes to train. She refuses to talk with anyone and I have never seen her smile." I sigh, I was not interested in that girls sob story at all. "Well, welcome to your hostal." I turn to see my room at the other end of the hall.

Something tells me a certain (Y/n) will hate this. "I take it into context that (Y/n) had no say on where I would be sleeping?" 

"It's Lady (Y/n)." Thor grumbled while handing me the keys to my room. "I doubt she had any news on your arrival."We stared at each other in silence for a moment, the he was gone. 

As I enter my room, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It was spacious, with windows and a bookshelf filled with human literature. I fall onto my bed and let myself think. I know (Y/n) can sense me, because I feel her emotions. Her mind is heavily protected, but she lets her emotions run free. Sadness, anger, fear and hatred flow like water from her mind. I have felt those same things, but hers are somehow more personal. I lay in my bed, trying to not think about her. However, my stubborn mind traces over the thought of her.