Chapter 13:

(Y/n) Pov

I guess I deserved being grabbed and thrown to the ground as soon as I stepped through the portal. Loki had obviously regained his strength and he was making sure I felt it. He pinned my arms to the ground by the wrists as he stared down at me. I stare back up at him wondering what he'd do. His eyes were filled with emotion and pain. "(Y/n)..." He muttered. I nod, tears flooding into my eyes. I remember... I remember him. Loki shoves off me, hurting my wrists as he does so. I sit up rubbing them and watch as he strides towards Thor. Loki kneels and begins healing Thor but he is to drained. I rise to my feet and walk over to them

"Please." I beckon to Thor. Loki barely nods and I sit by Thor, my taloned hands gently caress his temples and my power flows from me. He was strong, but badly wounded. Healing him took a lot of my energy but when I was done I turned to heal Loki. 

Around us lay a city in absolute disarray, Strange, Tony, and a man in a red tacky suit that had with thread shooting out of him fought to protect the city. I stared into the eyes of Loki, watching as his relief turned into a cold mask. "Loki, I..."

"What were you doing with that murderous bastard?" His voice came out in a whisper. Tears seep into my eyes and I blink to keep them at bay.

"Loki, I can't... It's not the right time for this." His eyes are cold and he takes a step away from me that threatens to break the very foundation of my life. I have never felt more alone than this moment. 

Loki is walking away from me briskly, "Thanos has two out of the six stones." I watch his back as he inspects his brother who is slowly regaining consciousness. "We need to find him before he can find the other stones." I nod, my throat is too dry to form eligible words. He is as cold as ice now, and I know it is my fault. He turns back to me, and I know I have not lost him yet. As he meets my stare I can see all the pain, the suffering and the torment my absence has put on him. However, instead of feeling regret or sadness, I only feel anger at his feelings. He has no idea of the torture, the brutality and the pain I have endured my entire existence. 

I straighten my back as a surge of power goes through me, Loki feels it too. "Looks like he's only down to three now." My voice is cold, lacking any emotion. I realize it's the voice Thanos gave me and I shiver. 

Loki notices my change in emotions and nods once, "The Stone that was once in my staff is the Mind Stone. That humanoid thing named Vision has it, we must retrieve it before Thanos does." I nod my head and look at Thor who was at least regaining some strength. "The other stones are the Reality Stone and The Soul Stone. However, I have no idea where the Soul Stone is. The Reality Stone lies in the Aether which was used by the Dark Elves." I gaze at him, how much has he had to endure without me? I don't get an answer to my question as he walks away from me toward his brother.
---------------Timeskip------------

I knew this would happen... having a strong connection to Destiny helps with that. I knew that this was going to happen. It is the future. It is the past. It. Is. Destiney. 

"(Y/n)?" I can't look. But I want to, I lift my eyes and look at my family. Natasha screamed as she made her way to me, followed closely by Bruce. She caught me and slowly let me lie on the ground. My vision blurs, and I have a vague sense that I'm dying. I can see other people surround me,but I can't see them beyond the blur. Their colors merge together, black, red, silver, blue. What was his color... green... it was a deep emerald green with gold and black accents. But even though a I strain my eyes, I can not see his colors. The colors burst into my mind, stamping it with the feeling of home, security, love. When my world finally crumbles away, I take comfort in the fact that I am home, and that I belong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki POV

I watch from where I stand, away from the group of mortals. Something had happened, perhaps someone was gravely injured. Thanos had gotten the stones... but thankfully I see that most of the important team members survived. I turn my back, scanning the sky above me. That mortal in that atrocious metal suit told (Y/n) to scout around and see if she can locate any of Thanos Children. (Y/n)... that word fills me with a ironic emptiness. She left me that day, she left and went to Thanos. Did she know he was going to do this! Did she only come here so she could see our weaknesses, and strike us down!? I clench my fists... I would get all my answers soon enough when she returned.

"LOKI!" I turn abruptly and gaze upon my battle weary brother. He only ever calls my brother by my name when I'm in trouble... or someone else is.

"Brother, may I ask you why you always must call my name in such a loud voice?" My voice is colder than I expected, however Thor doesn't seem to notice.

"Loki, please would you listen to me?" Thor panted. I conjure up some daggers and inspect them, a placid expression on my face. "Loki... (Y/n)..." Thor looks away and I can see something haunted behind his gaze. "(Y/n) is dead." I stare at him for what seemed like an eternity. There is... something inside me. No, it's someone.  I have only seen him when (Y/n) was near me, I have only felt his heartbeat when I saw her smile. He was as equally me as I was him, but am nothing like him. He was pathetic, falling for a being of lesser origin than him who even turned to be a traitor. I hear his wails in my mind, I can feel his heartbeat hammering in my chest. But I don't feel him. I turn my gaze from my daggers to Thor's painstricken face.

"It is no matter. She is not of any importance anymore we must find Thanos. We must kill him." Thor looks at me in confusion, but before he can speak, I walk past him. "But before we do that, we must help rebuild this place. We cannot afford to mourn." That man screams at me again, he repeats her name over and over again. I wince, (Y/n) I loved you and lost you once... the pain was unbearable. But it was the pain of loss of love. However, I don't love you anymore... I have suffered no loss. You have no hold on me. I. Am. Free. I feel a tight binding around my heart, but I ignore it. I look at the once powerful group of people, rising from the spot where (Y/n) died. My heart shatters against its bindings and I shudder once. I am free... then why do I feel so... trapped?