protective girlfriend

POV: Celeste

I'm starving.

Nyoka was supposed to be back with our lunches about fifteen minutes ago. I know that there can be long lines to get food and it is quite a bit of a walk between the cafés and my parlour but this is taking too long. I'm starting to get seriously worried about her.

I can't do anything accept worry about where she is and what's happened to her. I can't even do the simplest work without knowing where she is.

My finger drag at my hair as I try my best not to think the worst. She's probably fine, just taking her time to get back to me.

As I try to think of the best case scenarios heavy footsteps storm quickly up the stairs before Kris bursts in, not even trying to knock. She pants for breath as she raises one finger, telling me to wait for her to catch her breath. Her panic quickly spreads to me making it much more difficult for me to stay calm.

"Come on, spit it out," I yell at her, bolting up from my desk.

"Flower shop...Next door...Nyoka..."

Nyoka's name instantly peaks my attention. I swerve round my desk to grab Kris by her shoulders, shaking her to try and get some more information but she's gasping too much for air to get any other words out other than vague directions.

At least with the words she did manage to get out I know where I can go to so that I can get more information about what's happened.

I bolt out of my office, leaving Kris on the floor as I rush to the florists next door. I definitely get some concerned glances from my other employees and a few customers but that isn't my concern right now. I just need to know if Nyoka's okay.

It doesn't take too long for me to leave my shop and get into the florists through the back door, freezing as I see the crowd around the table, blocking my view of someone sitting on the chair though I can guess who it most likely is.

"What's going on?" I ask, Colleen instantly turning to me, a look of relief washing over her face.

"Thank god, Celeste, you're here. Nyoka came in a few minutes ago crying and we haven't been able to calm her down," Colleen explains. "We thought, since you two are so close, you would be able to calm her down and find out what happened."

No one else really knows about me and Nyoka dating but they do know that we are quite close friends. Nyoka wanted to keep our relationship quiet until the dust being stirred up by her past has settled and she is comfortable enough to properly come out.

Before I can properly respond, arms are suddenly flung around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly until it's bordering on suffocating me. I look down to see a shaking Nyoka holding desperately onto me, burying her face in my chest.

I can feel my shirt slowly getting soaked through with tears as I hear Nyoka quietly sobbing against me, her body shuddering with each deep breath she takes to try and keep her crying quiet. Not really knowing what's going on I just rub her back, holding her back as I ask everyone else to leave us for a while.

"What happened?" I ask once we're alone.

"H...he found me and-and he..." She stammers between sharp breaths.

"Don't force yourself to talk about it, Nyoka," I insist as she struggles to get any more words out.

As she keeps shuddering and losing more energy I move my hands to hold the back of her thighs, scooping her up into my arms, carrying her to sit her down on the edge of the table. She doesn't let me go as I lean back to get a better look at her.

Her eyes have gone puffy red from crying and I could swear I see a mark that almost looks like a hickey on her neck but she refuses to let me give her any hickeys in noticeable places on her body so it certainly isn't mine. By Nyoka referring to 'him' I think I can guess who did this to her and why she's so panicked.

She hated whenever he used to touch her and with the trauma he gave her she must have hated him touching her now even more.

Nyoka takes a few deep breaths to give herself enough strength to speak again. She takes a few more breaths before looking into my eyes, trying to overcome her panic.

"H-he told me to come back to my apartment tonight so that we can 'relive the last night we had together'," she stutters. "I don't know what to do."

"Stay at my place tonight, as you already have been," I tell her, rubbing my thumb over her cheek to wipe away the streaks of tears. "Don't worry about it. I'll take care of them."

I don't plan to go alone but I'd rather avoid confrontation with those ridiculous people and I'm certain her ex doesn't want to go back to prison for Nyoka again. He messed with my girlfriend and I expect her mother at least to be there too.

"I'll drop you off at my place tonight, okay? I promise you'll be okay," I swear though I know I'm not convincing her.

I hug her tightly, planting a kiss on her forehead as I mentally prepare myself for tonight and finally getting a chance to talk to this horrible man that abused my wonderful girlfriend.

****
Sorry for the long wait.
This part would have been done sooner if Wattpad didn't crash and delete half of the part when I was nearly done writing it.

Incase there is another long delay, feel free to check out my three other stories:
•She's My Curse
•On Her Knees
•Loving Her Body

Thanks for the support! :)))