A silent night

"Oh, um..." Shion glanced around. The man had been so warm. When was the last time he saw a human?

Wait, was he human? If he was human how did he see Shion. In that same vein of thought, Shion wondered how had this mere human caught him.

"Are, um are you a human?" Shion muttered to himself.

There was a flash of something that shot across the brooding handsome face. Shion shifted a bit back from him. The features, so beautifully arranged, settled into a casual pose.

"Of course I am!" the man insisted.

"Then, um, well..." Shion hesitated.

"Look, is it OK if I stay the night here? I'll be out of your hair come morning, I swear!" the man insisted.

Shion bit at his lip. If the man stayed, maybe he could get some help.

"On one condition." Shion held up a ghostly pale hand.

"Yeah, what?" the man growled.

"When the rain stops, can you help fix some of the holes in the house before you leave?" Shion asked.

The man glanced around. He eyed some of the damage near the top of the house.

"You're the house spirit." It wasn't a question but Shion nodded in answer.

"Let me guess, you typically don't show yourself to people." The man asked.

Shion shook his head. The man stepped back.

"Something happened recently didn't it?" he asked. He gestured to Shion's near translucent body.

"You haven't adjusted to the most recent trauma." He added.

"Right, a tree fell on my roof. It broke some more shingles and created a new hole." Shion offered.

The man whipped his scarf off. Turning his pink infused cheeks away he held the material out to Shion.

"At least cover yourself up." He growled.

"Oh, right. I have clothing. Oh uh..." Shion bowed. "You are welcome to stay kind sir." He offered.

Dashing up the steps he hurried into his room. Pulling out his clothing he sighed as he put it on. They were going to get wet, then dirty. It was his last clean outfit. He sighed as he tied the belt around his waist. Maybe he could get the boatman to bring him another one. What would he have him do this time? Shion huffed don't a sigh.

Turning he went back downstairs. The man was holding the pot. Shion let out a cry.

"The rain!" He rushed forward to take the pot from the stranger.

As his hand collided with the pot, it sank right through it. Shion cried out again, losing his balance. The stranger sang a soft tune as his hand came up to capture Shion. He swung him around catching his waist with his free hand as the pot clattered to the ground.

"You really need to stop falling for me." The stranger smirked.

Shion gazed into the deep pools of grey. They were beautiful so close up. He knew he should think of another word to describe them, but none came to mind. His hand touched the side of the man's face.

"You have lovely eyes." He whispered. Ha that was another way, but still it didn't describe how wondrous those eyes were.

The man let him go. Shion had his feet under him. Bending the man picked up the pot once more. He turned to look at Shion. Twirling the pot around his palm he asked the ghost gapping at him, where it needed to go.