The show must go on

Shion ran to the two bodies falling to the ground. With the knife still in his chest, Nezumi fought to live. Vorlock rolled away.

"He will die soon. Give him to me!" the man yelled at Shion.

"Gia, help me!" Shion pleaded.

The night around them coalesced into the beautiful woman. She knelt before the couple. Shion held Nezumi clutched in his lap. Gia sighed.

"It is the fate of all humans, Shion." She whispered.

"Bind him! Make him the house spirit of the inn!" Shion begged through his tears.

"Shion, I, I love..." Nezumi gasped.

"Save your breath for the vow. If you become the house spirit of the inn, he can't take you! Death won't take you! Please live for me Nezumi!" Shion wailed.

"Nezumi..." The world tilted for the dark haired fighter.

He stood above the weeping boy who clung to a body void of life. The woman stood beside him. She turned her head to smile at the apparition.

"Your fight can be over." She told him.

"Shion! He gave up this because I forced him too." Nezumi turned his head to look at the woman.

"If I refuse, what happens to him." He asked.

"Shion will be kicked from the island. No longer a house spirit, he cannot hide from those who purchase the land. He will be forced to the mainland. Where he will live, briefly, in pain and misery. He shall die away from his home, and all he loves, within the year." She informed him.

"What do I need to do to stay by his side?" Nezumi cried in horror.

"Accept the pact, bind yourself to the inn." Gia explained.

"No! The inn is Shion's. I will bind myself to the theater." Nezumi insisted.

"If that is your wish." Gia eyed him.

"My wish is to be with Shion." Nezumi growled.

"If you give up your mortal coil, he would join you in the after within a year." She told him.

"The islands! The others that live here! They mean more to me than just a happy death!" Nezumi cried.

Gia smiled. "Now, you know you're true heart."

The pain filled him. "SHION!" Nezumi cried.

"Please take the binding!" Shion begged him.

Nezumi reached his hand up to touch the brown silken hair. He missed the white it once was. Trailing his hand down the face, he left a line of red there. It was like the mark that had once bound the boy.

"I accept the binding to the theater." Nezumi spoke the words as his life leaked from him.

A blinding white light shot up around the pair.

"Don't take his dark hair!" Shion begged the light. There was a soft chuckle as the blinding white light began to lessen.

Shion blinked the spots from his vision. He was still kneeling on the cold floor. In his arms he held the weight of his beloved mate. He looked down. The light over head, was still on. Yet it seemed as though the darkness swallowed the body in his arms. Shion touched the face.

It was cool to his touch. "Nezumi?" he whispered the name.

"There is nothing you can do! I stabbed his heart!" Vorlock coughed.

Shion turned his head. He had forgotten about the other man dying in the theater. He sniffed at the tears and snot running down his face.

"You have no idea the power of this island!" Shion hissed at him.