The decision

I woke up to the door slamming and confused as to what happened last night, I must've gone to sleep while watching TV. I got up and headed to my connected bathroom I closed the door and looked in the mirror, good thing I wrapped my hair last night or I would be looking like a mess. I started the shower while looking in my closet for something to wear for the day I wanted to go out and do some window shopping since the semester was over and I had lots of free time who am I kidding even with the semester I had free time. I have no life. I hopped into the shower and stood under the hot water for a few seconds before I started to wash my body. I closed my eyes to enjoy the water on my skin while rinsing the soap off of my body when I heard my door open sniffling I peeped from behind the curtains to find Tessa looking through my cabinets underneath my sink. "Tessa, what are you looking for" She turned around with tears in her eyes and she started speaking so fast while sobbing I couldn't understand a word that she was saying. "How about you go wait for me in the kitchen and I'll make us some breakfast and we can talk about why you're upset, she shook her head and left the bathroom I quickly turned off the water, stepped out of the shower dried off and put on my undies and robe and went to the kitchen. What's wrong with Tessa I said while opening the fridge and grabbing the eggs and milk along with other items. OK, so last night when we went out we partied it was so fun and like a breath of fresh air. I don't see how that would have you crying I said while mixing the pancake mix into a medium-sized bowl. "That was not the part that had me emotional when we were in the car on our way to the next destination because we decided that we wanted to bar hop after the club, so in the midst of us turning up to music I received an email from the agency I was telling you about they told me that had a spot for me and wanted to meet with me. "Still not seeing the bad part I said while dumping the mix and evening it out to make the perfect circle shapes. "It's in New York", oh my gosh congratulations I said excitely because I know how hard she's been working for this and how she talked about pursuing this after school but looks like it is happening a bit early. " Lance gave me an ultimatum". Lance is her boyfriend from high school they've known each other since they were kids, but I noticed that he always wanted to outdo her and be above her so that she could always need him. "Let me guess he wanted you to choose between New York and him". "Yes," Tessa said looking even sadder. "Tessa love that's a no-brainer you can't always put things on the back burner for him, these opportunities don't always come around so when you get a shot you take it," I said while making the scrambled eggs and flipping the pancakes and bacon. " Dont you think I should at least just think about it they said that I do not have to decide for another few days," Tessa said, "If that makes you feel better take all the time you need just don't wait until the opportunity isn't there anymore," I said while passing her a plate of food and pouring her some orange juice. " Thank you for always being there Amber you are the best," she said smiling while taking the plate". Of course, I know you would do the same for me.