FOUR.

Aria.

"Terminal 2" Noelle spoke into the phone, "okay, I'm pulling up" I replied. It took no time for her to pack her and Leilani's bags and head over to her family. With all they've put her through, I don't know how she's able to still have the heart that she has towards them.

I tell Noelle all the time that she's thee strongest person that I've ever met in my life. She doesn't look like what she's been through and I'll always give her, her flowers when it comes to being able to hold it together.

Granted, I don't see her moments where she has her breakdowns that often, but if I was her, I'd say piss on my family and they would never see me or my child again, but she just doesn't have a heart like that, and that's one of the many things I love about her. Her ability to pick herself up after someone else knocks her down and to still be able to love them afterwards...

...It's a blessing and a curse.

Leaving my cat in the backseat of my 2022 Audi Q7, waiting for his best friend to give him all the cuddles in the world, I leaped out of my car excitedly after popping my trunk open. Leilani ran through the automatic airport doors as I knelt down, my arms opened with a huge grin on my face, "Aunt Aria!" She squealed. "Oh my God, Leilani" I squealed back dramatically in her voice, mocking her in a way as she threw herself into my arms and I grabbed her, hugging her and spinning her around as she giggled.

Her giggle always managed to warm my heart, I still can't believe that she lived in my best friend's stomach, kicking her around, making her pee on herself if she laughed too hard or sneezed. Making her throw up everything that she ate. And she came out being the sweetest little human ever. I love her like I gave birth to her, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I strapped her into the car booster seat that I bought specifically for her the other day as Noelle began putting their bags in the trunk. By the time I was done strapping Lani in, Noelle was done. She gave me the biggest hug as I threw my legs around her tall slender figure and we both laughed like children.

If there were any onlookers, I'm sure they would have assumed that her and I were a long distance lesbian couple with a daughter with the amount of affection that we have with each other, and I wouldn't have that any other way either.

Boomer purred and meowed at Leilani as she giggled, "TT Aria can I let him out?" She asked as I internally gushed at hearing her big girl voice for the first time in person, "of course, you could kill me and I'd be okay with it" I sighed adoringly at my niece as she giggled, "What?" She asked, her voice squeaking with a laugh. "Kill you? I would never do that, I love you" she replied.

I gripped my chest dramatically, getting a full belly laugh from Noelle, "You're killing me with your cuteness right now Leilani, I don't think my heart can take it" I gasped theatrically, getting a loud giggle from her, but I was being extremely serious. Being able to watch her grow, to hear the changes in her voice, vocabulary, and even shoe size was the most precious thing in the world to me. It's like she's my daughter also but I didn't have to carry her, a win-win if you ask me.

It's also been beautiful to see her shape and mold Noelle into the person that she is today. It's only been a short while but seeing her go from a crazy party animal with deep rooted family trauma who had such a hard time showing and receiving love— not that I didn't absolutely love that version of her—to the most loving, nurturing mother in the world, was the most rewarding part of me being able to experience Noelle before, after and during motherhood.

God genuinely knew that Noelle needed Leilani. For a long time, she never thought she would be able to have children due to other reasons. I remember the day she found out she was pregnant, she woke me up out my sleep and scared the absolute white off of me. I nearly had a heart attack at the ripe age of twenty two. I'll never forget the tears that we both shed when she took 3 more tests in front of me and they all came back positive.