TWENTY FOUR.

Keith.

"Wait, so y'all basically brother-in-laws?" Javier asked, using his hands to talk like always, "Yes nigga, how many times you gon ask?" Jeremiah replied from his desk

"Wait, so y'all basically brother-in-laws?" Javier asked, using his hands to talk like always, "Yes nigga, how many times you gon ask?" Jeremiah replied from his desk. Me and Jeremiah filled Javier in on everything that happened this past weekend and how we found out Lani is Jeremiah's. "Damn nigga, you work fast" Javier let out a full belly laugh, slapping the table, making all of us laugh.

"Nigga fuck you, that was years ago, we was both drunk, it just happened. Remember I told y'all at the bar that I had a one night stand that made me get my shit together? It was Noelle" Jeremiah replied. "Aight, we don't need a recap of u smashin my sister four score and seven years ago nigga" I croaked, the simple mention of it made me feel sick to my stomach. Cant believe my innocent little sister was out here doing grown people stuff. We ain't that far apart in age but that shit tripped me out when I found out she was pregnant. I was so sure she was a virgin still, lil sneaky ass.

I couldn't even fault her though, my parents caused that shit. Glad they got they shit together, but still, they corrupted my poor sister. She had a hard ass life, we all have, but mostly her, and if her and Jeremiah actually get together, which I think they will, ima have to have a grown man talk with him cause there's only a few things in this world that I actually give a fuck about, and my sisters is one of em, top of my list, along with Aria of course.

The room fell silent, just the sounds of our music playing softly and a few keyboards clicking as Javier stood up and I ignored him, working away, then he stood in front of me. He leaned on my desk, close enough for only me to hear, "So, uhm... you got another sister by chance?" he whisper asked, making me and Jeremiah both nearly fall out with laughter. When I tell you the nigga don't take nothing serious, I mean that shit with my chest.

"Get'cho ass outta here dawg" I clutched my stomach with laughter. I'm sure anybody else who wasn't part of our team would think we took a smoke break together, hot boxing a car or some the way we be at work laughing together. They can't stand seeing us come into work cause we clown all day but we get shit done. Working where we work cool but it's basically a office job where we do all type of coding and shit in front of computer screens all day and have pitch idea meetings every now and then, but we always find a way to make that shit fun. That's why they put all the niggas together, gots to be.

"Nah, but for real, y'all ain't remember each other the day we saw her at the bar?" Javier asked, standing between me and Jeremiah desk as I leaned back in my chair. Jeremiah looked up at him, "Yeah nigga, I did fasho. I had to play cool but I was shittin myself not knowing if she remembered me or not, I ain't know we got a kid outta it. I woulda looked like ion get women if I asked her if she remembered in front of all y'all and she didn't, that shit embarrassing" he replied.

"So how the conversation of remembering each other go? How it all unfold?" Javier dug. Jeremiah sat back in his chair, "This why you need another sister, so I coulda been there to see that shit for myself... you got a close cousin? Family friend?" Javier spoke again, turning his head to look at me but still standing in his spot, durag on his head and I stared at him, a laugh escaping even though I tried to be serious. "Nigga shut up, you wanna know or not?" Jeremiah blurted through laughter.