TWENTY THREE

Noelle.

I embraced Logan in a hug after he put Leilani in the car, we were finally home after such a roller coaster of emotions that only lasted for a weekend, though it felt like so much longer than that

I embraced Logan in a hug after he put Leilani in the car, we were finally home after such a roller coaster of emotions that only lasted for a weekend, though it felt like so much longer than that. Jeremiah now knew about Leilani, I finally got to meet Ayva's now husband, and he's now Leilani's uncle on both sides of her family, one through blood, one through marriage, what are the odds of that?

Aria always said that my life could be a book or a lifetime movie, I always laughed, but now this shit is becoming too serious and I just might get my life published somehow, though I'm no good at writing, it was never my strong suit, so I just stuck to photography. I sighed after I slid into Logan's car as he closed the door after me, lugged our bags to the trunk, and got in the drivers seat.

I leaned my head back on the seat and he locked eyes with me, a small smile on his pink lips, "Was this one a long trip?" He asked, eyebrows raised. I sighed, then chuckled, amused by his downplay, if only he knew, "That's a huge an understatement" I whispered. He smiled at me weakly then placed his right hand on my thigh, squeezing gently for comfort, before putting the car in drive and pulling off.

"Are you guys hungry?" He asked, changing the subject, assumably to lighten my mood as he looked at me then at Leilani through the rear view mirror. I was tired, mentally and physically, to the point where I didn't even realize I was hungry. I turned my head to look at him then turned around to look at Leilani, "Are you hungry, baby?" I asked. She looked from the window then to me, "No" she shook her head. "Do you want anything to drink?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

She stared at me, her eyes looking a little puffy, "I'm okay" she spoke softly. Since boarding the plane and right before take off, even hours before that when we were at Jeremiah's house, Lani was asleep. I don't know if she was on a sugar high from the skittles and Lemonade she had when she was at her dads and then she crashed, or if she was potentially getting sick. She rarely ever gets sick, her immune system is fairly strong, she takes vitamins daily and is always caught up on her vaccines, but we have been traveling recently which she's never done before, but I guess we'll see by later on tonight if she's okay.

I decided on not eating cause I was ready to just go home and lay in my own bed in what felt like a week. Logan understood and continued driving, "How was your weekend?" I asked him. He grinned at me, turning his head slightly to look at me every chance he got, making me smile, "It was good, did some shopping for more healthy food recipes that I found. Did some organizing and some cleaning, I worked every day since you've been gone, just little shit really" he replied happily, making me smile at his white man-ness.

"Are you getting settled into your apartment nicely?" I asked. "Yeah, for sure. The walls are still a little bare but I found some good furniture over the past few days, little shit besides my couch, but it's a work in progress. How was your weekend?" He asked, still glancing at me. I shrugged, playing it off, my head turning to stare out the windshield window, "It was okay, just long. The wedding went well, everything was so beautiful, I'll have to show you all the pictures later. Lani also got to spend some alone time with my grandparents overnight which was also fun for her, it was a good little family visit, just felt dragged out" I replied, a smile on my face, making sure to tell him only what I wanted him to know. No use in babbling all my business out when I don't know if Logan's gonna be a for sure in my life as of right now.