TWELVE.

Ayva.

I watched as everyone hugged Noelle and Leilani, preparing to load up so I could take her to the airport. She'd given everyone her new number, it feels weird when I think about the fact that I haven't called or texted her for nearly five years. "You'll be back next weekend for the wedding, right?" My mom asked her, pressing a gentle kiss to her chocolate skin. She nodded her head, "Yes ma'am, probably earlier than that so I could get fitted for my bridesmaids dress and find a dress for Leilani"

"Let one of us know if you need a ride from the airport, we're happy to come" daddy spoke, placing a kiss to her cheek and pulling her into a hug as I watched, a small grin on my face, happy that my sister was able to experience our new parents. They did a complete 360, and I couldn't be more proud 'cause they was crazy as shit. And I mean that from the depths of my heart.

My sister came towards the car with Leilani, "Ready?" I beamed down at my niece, she nodded her head as I scooped her up in my arms, placing small kisses all over her face and neck. Over the past few days I discovered that she's ticklish on her neck, it's the cutest shit ever to me. She giggled and I put her into the car, strapping her in.

Noelle put herself into the car as I followed suit, "Ready?" I grinned, turning my head to look at my sister, "Can you drive?" She asked, an eyebrow raised with a small smile on her face as she held on the to handle that was on the ceiling of my car. I feigned offense then laughed, "Who knows? This my first time driving on the highways so I guess we gon' see" I joked, putting my car in reverse and pulling out of the driveway. "Oh God" she laughed back.

The first 10 minutes or so were quiet, the sounds of the road, Leilani sleeping, and the soft music playing. "So what's your fiancé like?" My sister asked, turning in her seat a little to look at me, a small smile on her face. I smiled, "He's so handsome. He loves cars, he is such a car man. I've always been pretty dominant in all my relationships, always felt like I had to be the one to wear the pants, but he makes me wanna be submissive without dismissing how I feel, if that make sense. He make me wanna stop cussing men out." I put it simply after rambling, excited at my sisters interest in him.

My sister chucked in unison with me, knowing how I used to be in relationships. The fact that I'm getting married in a week is still so mind blowing to me. They say when a man knows, he knows. We'd been dating for two and a half years, and normally people our age would say that it's too soon to get married, that we're too young, but if we both know what we want and that we've found it in each other, what's the reason for waiting? That's why people be miserable in they relationships, cause they don't know what they want and they keep settling for anything.

I saw a phrase that said "Don't let your boyfriend stop you from finding your husband" and it tickled me cause when I met Justin, it was at a car show with my previous ex, seeing that tweet was a full circle moment for me. I knew that I was interested in Justin cause he made me feel things in 2 weeks that I didn't feel with my ex, and we were together for a year, plus my ex was emotionally abusive, hence why I used to curse men out, and cause of my dad growing up, but that's besides the point.

"I'm so glad that you found someone who can handle you. Someone who makes you want to be this new version of you. I'm excited to meet him, and I'm so thankful that you made Aria reach out. I couldn't imagine how I'd felt if I'd have missed your wedding" My sister beamed, reaching over to rub my elbow as a smile lifted my own lips now.

"What about you? Does Leilani's dad live in San Fran? Are you guys seeing each other? Or are you seeing someone else?" I asked, turning my head to look at her every small chance I got, still managing to keep my eyes on the road also. She shuffled uncomfortably, "Nah, he was a one night stand, remember? I don't plan on ever seeing him again. And since him, I haven't dated anyone or even been on a date, I don't too much have time for it" she replied, shrugging.