SIXTEEN.

Aria.

"You're getting in the back" I pondered, looking at the side profile of my boyfriend. It's so weird to refer to Keith as my boyfriend. I get giddy every time I think about it. 15 year old me is crying and throwing up right now. His lips curved into a smile as he feigned offense, removing his right hand from mine and putting it on his chest.

"Why I gotta move?" He appealed, as I reached for his hand again, missing the sensation of his hand in my own. "Cause, my best friend is coming. You have to sit in the back with the other kids, my love" I teased, successfully grabbing his hand. He laughed, gripping my hand in his again, our fingers interlocked now.

We were on our way to the airport to pick up Lani and Noelle to prepare for the wedding. This is the longest she'll be back in town in years, only a day and a half longer than last time, but longer. Maybe I could convince her to move back, all I'd have to do is get rid of Jeremiah. He and Keith have been hanging out more often and playing on the game together for hours, along with Javier.

I'd eventually have to tell her, but it was the last thing I wanted to bring up and decided on waiting to tell her before she left, I'd take the possibility of her never showing her face in Seattle again, I just wouldn't feel right not telling her. Keith also doesn't know about their history that is now a long life responsibility. He's reasonable as hell and he would for sure tell Noelle that Jeremiah needed to know about Leilani, and as much as I love how much he loves his sister and niece, I know it won't be something that she would wanna hear in this exact moment.

Plus, there's a time and place for everything, and this weekend is dedicated to Ayva and Derek, the topic of Jeremiah can be handled after all of this is over, in due time. We didn't plan on being anywhere near places where Jeremiah might be unless he's in dress shops and shit like that.

"Hey, has Noelle told you who Nani's dad is?" Keith broke the comfortable silence. I looked out the windshield then back to him, staring at his perfect side profile, "I don't know him, per-say, but I was there when they met each other and I've met him a few times" I divulged. My stomach churned, I didn't exactly lie to him, but I didn't exactly tell the whole truth. I figured that when she was ready and knew how to handle the situation, she'd tell everyone. On her own time, it wasn't my business to tell that her child's father was his new fast bestie.

He, Jeremiah, and Javier have already formed a three way bromance, I don't wanna put Noelle on the burner about her personal information, especially to her older brother, even if he is my boyfriend. Keith nodded his head, "He's white isn't he?" He asked, disappointed. I let out a full belly laugh at his reply, as if the girl he's dating isn't white. "Keith, I'm white" I grinned, "Yeah, but you ain't white white. You white, we fuck with you. I fuck with you" he replied, bringing my hand to his mouth and pressing a gentle kiss to it. "We rockin' with Aria cause Aria rockin' with us" he added, earning another full belly laugh from me yet again.

I gently mushed his face to the side with a little giggle at his words, he's been saying that to me for years now, it makes my heart swell that he doesn't care about my race. Growing up, I never though I had a chance with him cause he normally always went for black girls, and while I never wanted to be those girls, it did make me feel a little self conscious when it came to him, but look at us now.

We pulled into the airport terminal and I greeted my niece with wide arms and a squeal to match hers, as if we didn't see each other a week ago. "Uncle Keith!" She shouted, arms wide as Keith came jogging from around the drivers side of my car, arms wide, "Oh my God, Oh my god, cousin Nani!" He matched the high pitch of her voice, making her giggle as he scooped her in his arms as me and Noelle laughed, arms wrapped around each other in a hug.