FIFTEEN.

Noelle.

"Lani, it's time to get up" I spoke sternly for the last time. My child was extremely annoyed that she had to get up early for this flight. I needed as much time as I could possibly get to prepare on such short notice for Ayva's wedding that was happening in two days. A Sunday. Our flight was set to leave at 10, and while I'd packed everything in advance and gotten myself ready, my child was the last thing to be taken care of.

I tidied the house up, made sure she had breakfast waiting for her and all, in high hopes that she wouldn't be upset and actually eat something. Logan had offered to take us to the airport so that I didn't have to spend extra money on parking and leaving my car at the airport like I did last time. I told him that he didn't need to but he insisted on it, and I figured it was better than paying for parking, but I was gonna make sure to slip him some cash for gas, it's like an unspoken black rule to give gas money if someone gives you a ride.

I tried waking Leilani up a total of four times already, this was my fifth attempt. I was gonna have to deal with her being upset and choosing not to eat because of it. It never lasted long though, after about an hour and a half, she'd be telling me that she was hungry, and like the great mother I am, I'd packed her favorite snack in my purse, prepared for her hissy fit.

"Leilani." I spoke, my voice booming to her, cause she sat up in her bed. "This is my last time telling you, it's time to wake up." I added. She whined, "That's enough, we have to go, or I'll leave you here by yourself." I asserted, as she threw her blanket off herself, arms folded like the child she is. I stood up and held out my hand for her and she ignored it, standing up to go to the bathroom. I smiled to myself, a small chuckle leaving my lips at her attitude.

I followed her to the bathroom, she made it there before me, and when seeing me walking nearer to the doorframe, she looked up at me and closed the door before I was in front of it. This child of mine, her moments like this made me wanna hem her up against the wall and revert to the old Noelle with the short temper so other peoples attitudes, but I had to remember that she was getting older, so her attitude was getting a little worse. I made a mental note to nip that in the bud as soon as possible.

"Leilani, don't get your ass whooped this morning" I spoke through the door, as I heard the bathroom water turn on. I folded my arms and sighed heavily, biting back wanting to yell at her, but I knew she'd only cry. I went to her room and made her bed, picking clothes out for her and cleaning up her few toys that she had sitting around. I grabbed both her and I's stuff when my Apple Watch dinged with a message from Logan, telling me he was outside then asking if I needed help bringing bags to the car.

I had half a mind to tell him no cause I hate feeling like I needed help from a man, but I needed to calm leilani down and see if she was even gonna attempt to eat her breakfast I slaved over this morning, though I knew she wouldn't. I texted him back and told him yes and told him to come up. I attempted at the door with Leilani for a few minutes before a knock sounded at the door.

I went to open it, a smiling Logan at the other side of the door. I heaved a sigh, moving over to leave room for him to come in. "Rough morning?" He asked. He's such a white man, I liked it for some reason. "Understatement" I replied, leading him over to the island at a bar stool. He held out a coffee and a bag from Dunkin', "I stopped and got this for you, I also got you and Leilani and donut" he smiled, causing me to smile as I grabbed both, "Thank you, that's really sweet" I replied, locking eyes with him.

I took a sip of the coffee, "I don't think Leilani will eat the donut, she goes on a hunger strike when she's mad" I informed, "...but if she doesn't eat it, I will" I smiled happily, turning on my heel, hearing  the door of the bathroom open, my child standing in the doorway, a toothpaste ring around her mouth. "Ready to get dressed?" I asked as she peered around me to Logan, I looked back at him as he smiled down at her, "Good morning, Leilani" he smiled.