Chapter One

Bzz. Bzz. Bzz.

I reach over to my bedside table, tapping my hand around desperately to find my phone. As I finally found it, I'm shocked to see Mika's calling me.

"Mm" I groaned as I sat up in bed, picking up the call "What do you want?" I pushed my hair behind my ears, finally getting to see properly.

"Girl, class is starting in twenty minutes where are you?" My best friend exclaimed through the phone.

"What? There's no way that- ITS 8:20?!" I jumped out of my bed, throwing my phone on it once it was on speaker. "I just woke up" I said hurriedly as I began to change out of pyjamas into my day clothes.

"I figured. Did you forget your alarm or something?"

"I didn't hear it ring" I shrugged, before realising she couldn't see me. "I'll be there as soon as possible. I'll call you back when I'm on the way, yeah?" I said as I picked my phone up, heading to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

"Yeah no worries" she said before hanging up.

I quickly fixed my face and hair to look a minimum decent for class. Grabbing a granola bar to eat as I made my way out.

I climbed it my car, backing out of my driveway before heading off for class.

"Mika, I'm on my way now. I'll be there in like ten minutes" I told her as I called her back as promised.

I sighed, frustrated, as I slowed to a stop because of a red light.

"Okay, it's fine though, apparently Mr Ramirez is late any-"

BANG

"Shit" I looked in my retro. "I-I'm going to call you back, th-there's some car who just crashed into me?"

Totally ignoring the questioning words Mika was telling me, I hung up. I turn my blinker on, switching to the bus stop lane, seeing the other driver following me.

I take a step out of my car, my small Volkswagen Bettle. I can feel myself shaking from everywhere as I approach the car who crashed into me.

As soon as they were parked, two guys got out of the car, approaching me too, as we stopped halfway.

"W-what happened?" My voice was low and breathy, you could tell I was quite shaken up as I hadn't expect this to happen, and the noise had scared me.

"Are you okay?" The taller guy asked, to which I gave a small nod. "Let's sit you down" he then added, grabbing my arm gently as we sat down on the sidewalk.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to crash into you. I didn't see it was red and I realised when it was too late that you were at a stop." He explained.

With all of this, I hadn't even taken the time to see what was left of my car. My rear bumper was broken in half, one of my taillights was smashed and my trunk lid was half pushed inside of itself.

"You better have insurance" I muttered as I brought my knees to my face, placing my chin on them and wrapping my legs with my arms as I looked at my car, letting out a long breath

A small chuckle escaped his lips. "Don't worry about that, I have it." He offered me a light smile. "Are you sure you're okay? Should I bring you to the hospital?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm just a little dazed"

"Pablo, can you get me the accident papers that are in the glove box please?" The guy sitting down next to me asked his friend.

His friend nodded before disappearing, into their damaged car.

"Is this your first accident?" The driver asked me as we waited for 'Pablo' to grab the papers.

"Yeah, I'm usually careful about others' safety" I told him as I looked ahead of me, the cars passing by.

"Ouch" he fake winced. "Well, for your information.."

"Oh" I said when I realised he was waiting for me to fill him in. "Rosalía"

"Well for your information Rosalía, this is my first crash too" he smiled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Certainly not your last" I let out a laugh when I saw him pout. "What's your name then, Mr. I didn't see you at the red light?"

"Pedro. But well, everyone calls me Pedri"

I held my laugh when I heard the second version of his name.

"Got them" Pablo, waved the papers as he brought them over to us.

I get that they're nice but it feels like they don't even care they crashed? In a good mood for what, having to pay the repairs I need for my car?

"Let me go get mine" I remembered.

I walked over to my Beetle before grabbing my accident papers, that I had never once touched in my two years of driving, that were also situated in my glove box. Once I had fetched them, the boys had moved to be standing right next to my car.

"Do you want my number for insurance claims?" I asked as I closed my door.

"Go ahead" he took out his phone and noted my number in his contact, before we switched roles and I did so too.

After an hour of doing the paperwork, detailing all of the damages on each car, taking car pictures, important details and all the boring but necessary things, we could finally part ways.

(...)

"Rosa! What happened?" Mika rushed over to hug me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just some two douche bags who crashed into my car"

Mika's face drained. "What? No, you've got to be kidding!" She grabbed my shoulders and shook them while saying "There's. No. Way. Betty's. Dead!" She whined dramatically.

Betty was the name she had given my car when I had first gotten it. She loved it so much because I was basically her taxi man, always driving her around because she doesn't want to get her drivers license yet.

"Stop being dramatic" I jokingly rolled my eyes "Betty is still working but she's just a bit nasty looking" I laughed. "The other driver's going to pay it back since he's in the wrong"

"Bla bla bla, driving license study material" she rolled her eyes. "I'm just happy you'll still be able to drive me around. Lance invited me out actually, on Friday night"

I opened my eyes wide. "You.. and.. Lance?" I gagged. "Lance as in the guy who's smaller then you and that keeps being cringey?" She nodded. "Um.. okay. So are you going to let me in or am I going to stay outside the whole night?"

She laughed and let me in. Her parents were out for dinner and her sister was at a friend's house so we were alone.

"Let's watch something" I said as we took our pizzas out of the oven.

"I'll get the Netflix on"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)
Hey everyone!!

This is it, the new book is launched. I just wanted to add a P.S about the reaction Rosalía has about the car crash. I feel like it's maybe a bit exaggerated but I know people who've crashed in same circonstances and their reactions where similar to her's.

Love,

Pedriittaa <3