Chapter Fourteen

"Pedri called me, Pablo's back." I tell Mika as I enter into her living room again. "So get your stuff and we're going to see him."

"That'll be without me." She replies without looking up from her phone.

"Why not?" She looks up st me.

"I don't want to talk about it right now.. you can go and we'll talk at yours tonight?" I nod and grab my things, before leaving her house towards Pedri's.

Once I arrive, I enter without knocking as I've been doing for a few times now, since Pedri is too lazy to welcome me in if it's open.

I can hear some talking from the living room and direct myself towards it. "Hola." I say as I open the living room's door.

"Rosalía." Pablo says with a faint smile, he's sitting down on a chair, so I head to hug him.

Pedri gives me a sad smile as he greets me with a hug too. He had told me the night of Pablo's injury how sad he felt for his best friend.

"Does it hurt if you don't move it?" I ask as I sit down next to the both of them.

"It's uncomfortable." Pablo looked down at the table.

"I'm not accepting the offer Pedri, I don't want to bother you and Fer." Pedri sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm not asking you, Pablo. That's what's best for you and your family agrees. They won't be able to stay for your while injury." Pablo looks back up at Pedri.

"I can handle myself."

"I'm not saying the contrary, I just think it'd be good for you to have some company."

"Well if I need company I'll just invite someone over."

Pedri sighs as he shakes his head, getting up at the same time towards the kitchen. "Do whatever you want Pablo, but know that your room here is always open."

Pablo's head drops to look at his lap and i can tell he's tearing up. I get up and he opens his arms as I approach him, engulfing me on a hug.

I see Pablo often and he's become someone I'm close to in these two months of us knowing each other.

"Can you please get me a glass of water? I need to swallow a few pills." I execute myself and head to the kitchen who's linked to the living room.

As I grab a glass and fill it up from the fridge, I notice Pedri's kettle is on.

"I'm making tea." He tells when he sees me looking at him weirdly.

"Thank you." I smile and he steps away from the counter he was leaning on, stepping towards me. "I can't stay long, Mika needs to talk to me about something."

He nods as he goes to his cupboard, opening it up as I follow him from the gesture he did.

"I've got a whole new selection, which one do you want?" He nods towards the tea.

"I'll let you surprise me." I laugh. "Just no black tea please." He nods and pushed me out of the kitchen so he can choose.

"Here." I give Pablo his cup of water and I can see he grabbed his bag that was a few meters away from the table. He thanks me and Pedri shows up with my tea.

"No cheating." He says seriously and I can't stop myself from smiling.

"Jeez. I didn't know you'd be so serious about it." I laugh when Pablo comments about Pedri. "Mm." I hum after taking a sip. "Definitely matcha."

"Yeah, you're right actually."

I finished my tea before saying goodbye to Pedri in the kitchen as he starts to cook and I grab my purse from the table. "I've got to go." I tell Pablo.

"Bye, thanks for showing up." He smiles faintly as he finishes his glass.

Before I leave the doorway to the hallway, I stop and turn towards him. "I'd stay here if I were you. A sleepover everyday with my best friend? And free food? That would be amazing."

He seems to think about it and nods. "I know." He smiles reassuringly.

Once I arrive home I find Mika on the couch watching Netflix, nothing out of the ordinary. Her eyes are red and I can see tissues everywhere.

"What happened?" I sit next to her and she sits up.

"Pablo.. he.." she breathes out, trying not to cry. I wait for her to continue. "Before he left to Madrid, he told me we'd take our time to find out what we were. He told me he definitely saw me as more than a friend."

"But that's good, no?"

"I'm not finished," she sighs, "when I found out he was injured I sent him a message and.." She looks angry and she grabs her phone, pulling up the conversation.

I just saw.. I'm so sorry. If you need anything when you're back at Barcelona, I'm here

Pablito :))))
I want us to stop talking.

*Pablito :)))) has blocked your number*

"Oh Mika.." I give her phone back to her. "I'm sorry, you don't deserve that."

"Yeah, I don't." She picks her tissues up. "But it's fine, it's not like I was attached to him or anything." She goes to my kitchen and probably dumps them in the trash before coming back in front of me. "I need to move on and stop thinking about it."

She grabs her things, and comes over to me. "I'll see you tomorrow in class." I wave at her, and she leaves, shouting "love you" from the door.

I hesitate for a moment to tell her to stay, but she needs her space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)

That's all for today. I hope you're doing well.

Love,

Pedriittaa <3