Chapter Three

"Hola" I greet him as I sit down at his table, who is in a very secluded part of the café.

"Hi" he said, looking up from his phone, turning it off and placing it face down on the table. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay." I brushed my hand through my blonde hair. "What about you?"

"Good" he nodded as he said so.

"So, what was it that you needed to fill in?" I place my purse on the back of my chair.

"Well it's actually kind of dumb, but your license plate, I couldn't find it in any of the pictures I took of our cars." He explained as he took out his parts from his coat jacket.

"It's, 7028 RKQ." He noted attentively. "Is that all?"

"Yeah." He scratched his head, look attentively at his papers, his pupil scanning in search of some empty spaces.

"Wait. Couldn't you just ask me that by message?"

His eyes quickly looked up at me. "Well, uh, yeah you're right I didn't think of that." He looked away, as I could see his cheeks turn a slighter shade of red. "Well- you know, now that you're here, why don't we just, uh, drink a coffee or something."

My eyes widened, as I payed attention to quickly act normal. When he saw me hesitating, because I had practically no idea who this guy was, he spoke up shyly again.

"You know, you kind of stood me up on Friday so.." he played his game well.

"Okay. Sure" I accepted, I mean it's just a drink, he probably still felt bad about crashing into me.

He got the attention of a waiter, who asked us our order. Pedri nodded for me to go ahead.

"I'll have a latte please"

"Camomile tea for me please"

The waiter left after taking note of our order, leaving the two of us, and the huge silence that had settled in between.

"You seriously took tea?" I broke the silence.

"Of course. Tea is much better then coffee, that's just disgusting" he shook his head, closing his eyes and giving a pout.

"No, no, no. Tea is disgusting" I insisted.

"No, tea is better because you're not super hyper after it unlike coffee" he debated as he passed a hand through his hair, waiting for my next response.

"Firstly, coffee doesn't make everyone hyper, that's just a myth. And secondly, tea does not do that, you're right, it makes you fall asleep" i counter argued.

"Well what wrong about that?"

We continued to debate on which was better until our drinks finally arrived.

"So what do you do?" He questioned as he took a sip of his tea, that our waiter had served us.

I wrapped my hands around my coffee mug, trying to absorb its heat. "Nothing much. Just a basic university student."

"What's your major?"

"Business and economics" his eyes reflected question marks, pushing me to detail more. "I want to open my own restaurant later on. I've always wanted one, but I'm horrible at cooking so, I just had to make a detour"

"That's cool. How's it working out for you?"

"It's- hard, and complicated, but I'd say I'm getting used to the work load and I hope it all be worth it." Wanting to stop talking about me, I turned his question back to him. "And you, what do you do?"

"Me? I play football" he looked at me with his eyes slightly wider, as if he hadn't expected me to ask.

I broke the silence "And if they told you to leave Barcelona, where would you go?" I questioned as I dipped my cookie into my coffee.

"I guess I'd go in England or Italy to discover their leagues, but that would only be if I had to leave Barcelona" he explained.

"What about in nationals? Where would you want to go?" I could see a smile tug at the edge of his lips, as he scratched the back of his neck, although I couldn't tell what was funny. "What?"

"Unless you have the double nationality, you can't choose which country you go in. By example, I couldn't go into the Belgian, or the Serbian team. I can only go in Spain's team." he removed his hands from his tea mug, moving them around as he talked.

"Oh. And are you happy with that?" I continue on asking about him, not wanting the conversation to turn about me.

"Yeah, I already know some of the team through Barcelona's, but I still need to prove myself."

I nod, but finding myself lacking of inspiration for any other questions, I set my gaze in my coffee cup.

"You're not Spanish" he declared, making me lift
My gaze back up to look at him, wondering what he was talking about. "Your accent, you can tell. So where are you from?"

"From Buenos Aires." I stated my hometown, also know as Argentina's capital.

"What are you doing in Barcelona then?" He questioned, although his question was straight forward, the way he said it was delicate.

"My dad's work" I cleared my throat. "But we came here about four years ago." I explained briefly.

And that's how I found myself, on a Sunday afternoon, sipping some coffee with Pedri. We had refilled our drinks as the conversation never seemed to want to end.

"Drive safe" he said as he stood my car's open window, he had added a black snapback and a pair of sunglasses to his outfit, making him less recognisable as he would say. It was funny considering the sun was very timid during October here in Barcelona, and he look completely stupid for wearing this summer weather accessories.

"I will. You too" I replied as I leaned towards him as he did so too, giving me a peck on the cheek before I drove back home.

My car's radio started to ring, signalling me I had a call coming in. I checked the caller ID, sighing when I saw it.

I picked up against my will, it was at-least the third time she had called me today, after ghosting me completely after I had driven her back from her date.

"Mika, hi" I said, changing my gear and turning, as I entered my street. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry." Was the only thing she said, as a silence took over from her side.

"Look, if you're not going to say anything.. I might as well hang up" I turned into my driveway, seeing her in front of my house.

I let out a laugh, getting out of my car as I approached my front door, opening it for my guest and I.

As I turned around, she hugged me "I walked all the way here, just to find out you were gone. I've been waiting for an hour you know"

"Hah." She released from the hug and I went over to the kitchen, ready to start a quick and easy meal. "Next time you should let me know before heading to my house"

"Yeah yeah" she rolled her eyes, sitting at my kitchen's little bar.

And she ended up staying over, because that's just how our relationship was. We would fight, barely talk about it, and move on. Just like sisters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)

Just like sisters. mayxcb

This is all the chapters for today!

Love, Pedriittaa <3