Chapter Five

My day had flown back quickly. I barely had any classes since most of our professors were absent. Here i was, driving Mika back to her house.

"Oh, also, i was wondering if i could come back to yours? No one's at my house" she explained as i started my engine.

"I mean if you want, but I wont be there" her head turned rapidly towards me

"Where are you going?" She asked as i started driving,

"I'm just going out at someone's house. He's hosting a friendly gathering" i explained to her

"I don't believe that you have other friends" she half laughed, half faked being offended. "But I'll wait at your house while you're gone and you'll tell me all about your date when you come back."

"Firstly, its not a date, and secondly, I never said he was guy" I tucked my hair behind my ears as I turned to the left, knowing we'll arrive in a few minutes.

"Well, you said he and you never have any guy friends."

"What! That's not true, Carlos is my friend!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yeah, but he's also your colleague and that's how you met him so it doesn't count." I sighed as we arrived in my driveway.

We both got out of my car as I thought of someone I could mention, but no one came up to mind.

I went upstairs to get ready as I got dressed in some jeans and zip up hoodie, I refreshed my make up before going downstairs.

"I'm heading out. You can make yourself anything there should even be some stuff in the freezer, just don't burn down my kitchen." I gave her a small hug as she told me to have fun at my date, as I didn't hesitate to tell her once again that it wasn't one.

I drove to Pedri's house, which was only a fifteen minute drive. His neighbourhood was the rich and secured ones, like you would expect a footballer to have. However on the contrary on what I was expecting, Pedri's house was simple and not a mansion size. It was a typical big house size, something with three or four rooms with a study and a couple bathrooms or something.

Once I arrived in front of his gate I punched in the code of it he had given me by text earlier, which opened it and I parked my car next to some few other fancy ones. My repaired little Betty looked horrible next to them.

I went up to the door and hesitantly, knocked. The door opened up onto a brunet that wasn't Pedri. Had I mistaken the house? No, that's impossible the password worked. Maybe i shouldn't have come.

"Pedri, she's here' he said in a strong Portuguese accent, as he welcomed me in, opening the door wider "Come, come on in"

I stepped foot in Pedri's house, who had a savoury smell of what I can guess is dinner. "I'm João, and you must be Rosalía?" He opened the closet for me to hang my coat inside.

"Yeah, that's me." He kissed my cheek and closed the door.

"Rosalía." Pedri's voice interrupted my thoughts.

He kissed my cheek.

"How are you doing?' He separated from me, keeping a normal distance before tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear for me.

"Good good and you?"

"I'm great" he smiled, "Come on, I'm going to introduce you to everyone." We walked over to a door, which I suppose was going to lead us to the others "My friends can be a bit overwhelming sometimes, but they mean well"

That's just fantastic.

"Oh okay" I simply said, before Pedri opened the door revealing an empty living room.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked me as I followed him to his kitchen, who was linked to the living room.

"I'll have whatever you're having" I leaned against the island who was in the centre of his kitchen.

He pulled out two beers, to which I nodded when he looked at me interrogatively. He poured them both in two glasses.

"How's uni?" He closed the fridge, handing me a cup.

"It's good. I'm finishing my exam session and then I'll be on break for two weeks." I took a sip of the beer as he watched me intently.

"You just randomly have a break?"

"Not really. I'll have six weeks of class, an exam week and then I'll have two weeks of break. And so on for the whole year."

"And is that good or do you not like that?" He looked interested and somewhat confused.

"It's nice but the workload is a lot. It's not at all how I thought university would be, but you just have to adapt." He nodded.

I followed him as we walked to the glass sliding doors that lead to his backyard. A little group was gathered on some outdoor living room furniture. They didn't seem to notice our presence.

"Hey" I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Pablo. "How's your car?"

"Just out of the repair shop actually"

"Let me introduce you" he pulled my hand as I saw Pedri in a conversation with the guy who had opened the door, João.

"Mikky, Sira, this is Rosalía" Pablo got the girls' attention.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Pablito got himself a girlfriend?" Sira placed her hand in front of her mouth.

"What. No." Pablo shook his head. "It's Pedri who invited her" he affirmed.

Sira and Mikky scooted over on their couch as Mikky patted the space for me to sit there.

"So, like Pablo said, I'm Mikky. I'm unfortunately here because of my boyfriend, Frenkie." She laughed, as she nodded towards a blond boy, who was at the restaurant the other night.

"And I'm Sira, Ferrán's girlfriend" she drank a sip of her drink. She looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to say something.

"Oh, well, my names Rosalía, and.." I laughed. "I don't know, what do you want to know?"

"Why don't you start by saying how you met Pedri?" Mikky asked.

I laughed, taking a sip from my beer. "He crashed into me the other day." Sira turned to look at Mikky, both smiling. "What?"

"Oh nothing" Sira giggle. I looked at them questioningly, but I decided not to push it.

I ended up talking to Mikky, Sira and Pablo for awhile until we started eating dinner and I started to talk to the others too. Pedri's friends seemed nice.

We had all finished eating and me and the girls were sitting on Pedri's couch, inside his living room. The boys had kept refilling my beer and I was a bit tipsy, but nothing too bad. Sira and Mikky seemed to be in the same state.

We were giggling about some cringey show we had seen.

"Let's watch it!" Sira exclaimed as she turned Pedri's TV on.

"Yes!!" Sira turned the lights off, jumping back down next to me. "This is going to be fun"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys like this chapter and that you're doing well! I will probably post chapter six today too!

Love,

Pedriittaa <3

Pedri, Pablo, Ferrán, Joao, Mikky, Sira, Frenkie