Chapter Sixteen

Who could be knocking at midnight? I went over to my front door, opening it slightly enough to notice it was Pedri.

As soon as he saw I opened the door he grabbed me in a hug. "Oh." I laughed at his touchiness. "Hi Pedri."

"Hi Rosa."

I separated from the hug and closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here this late?" I asked as he took his shoes and coat off.

"Oh, I don't really have a reason. I was just thinking of you.." He seemed weird and dazed.

"Okay..." We walked to the living room and sat on my couch. "You could've called." I say skeptic.

"But I couldn't have done this if I had called." He hugged me again, bringing me close to him, our thighs touching.

I blushed from this but he just buried his face in my neck.

"What's happened to you Pedri?" I giggled.

"Nothing." His voice seemed offended but he had a smile on his face when he looked back at me. "I had fun today, we were at Frenkie's."

"Okay.." I laughed as I understood what was going on here. "Let's get you back home."

"What, no!" He laughed.

"No, come on, I'll drive you back in your car." I got up, clapping in my hands.

"Come onnnn." He whined. "Why should I leave?"

"Because you're drunk, Pedri." I giggled as he pouted his lips in disagreement.

"I'm not." He disagreed as he adjusted himself on the couch. "Plus, I'm not letting you drive my car. Or walking back alone at night."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, I'm going to make some tea and get to bed, so you might as well leave, I'm not doing anything important."

Pedri didn't reply, and just followed me to the kitchen, placing his elbows on the counter and placing his head in his hands.

"How was your day?" He asked as he opted to sit down.

"It was alright." He gestured for me to continue. "I went to class and then I had to clean the house since my parents are coming home tomorrow."

"That's fun. Well maybe not since they're assholes." He said and I looked up at him, expecting him to be joking, but his face was serious.

I laughed at his seriousness. "How were the boys doing?"

"Frenkie was with Mikky a lot, which is normal since they just had Miles, Ferrán was good and Pablo was in a bad mood. But we got him to cheer up."

"What's Pablo's attitude about?"

"Why are you asking? Do you like him?" He changed from relaxed to interrogative, slightly aggressive.

"No, we're just friends. And you know, since we're friends I was just wondering what it was about." He looked at me weirdly before answering.

"Well it was about Mika, I think he messed things up with her." He shrugged. "I thought he only saw her as a hook up, I mean that's what he told me when he met her."

"Yeah, he really did mess up." I pour my water in my teacup and add my teabag. "She was really sad about it."

"Who wouldn't be, I mean it's about Pablo Gavi we're talking about." He laughed and it was my turn to look at him weirdly.

I shook my head. "So, our hangout's going to have to come to a close, since I'm heading to bed now."

He pouted. "Well.. not necessarily! You wouldn't want me to drive home at night under the influence." He knew what he was doing. "I can sleep on the couch if that's the problem"

"It's not." I laughed. "You can sleep in my brother's room."

I went up to the hallway door and locked it, before going to my backdoor and doing the same.

"Do you have any clothes for me?" He asked and he laughed. "Probably not since I'm so bulk." He continued to laugh and I did so too.

"I probably have something." We entered my brother's room after climbing the stairs.

I searched in Tomás' quite empty closet and found some sweatpants. I threw it on him as he sat on his bed. Once I came back from my room with a baggy shirt of mine, he was already changed into the sweatpants and no shirt.

"Thanks." He slipped under the covers as I turned off the lights.

"Goodnight Pedri."

"Goodnight Rosa."

I smiled stupidly as I walked back to my room, my stomach aching from the nickname.

I tuck myself into bed after removing my makeup and getting into my comfy pyjama. I turn my light off and grab my phone, scrolling through TikTok.

I jumped as I felt something touch my shoulder, before recognising it's a hand, and slowly turning around to see Pedri.

"You scared me!" I whisper shout as he proceeds to slip under the covers with me, keeping his distance.

"Are you sometimes sad about your relationship with Mika?" He asks after awhile of silence.

"Hmm, no. Why would I?"

"My relationship with Pablo does." He says quietly, almost as a whisper.

"Why's that?" I heard him shuffle around and my eyes met his in the midst of the dark.

"Well, when Pablo joined Barcelona's main team in Barcelona we got super close and we were always hanging out together. I'd even drive him around since he didn't have his license." A small smile was plastered on his face. "But a few months ago we fell out when he got his license. I didn't really know why, he just started ignoring some of my messages, calls and even in practice he'd choose to be with Ansu or Robert." I nodded along as he confined. "And it turns out that he hooked up with my at the time girlfriend."

He shut his eyes as he breathed.

"Oh. I'm sorry Pedri." I whispered.

"He was the only one who knew about her. And he didn't even tell me himself. I found it out from her. And I've been trying to forgive him for the team's sake."

"Do you want me to offer him to stay at mine? It must be hard for you to have him at yours."

I whisper and he shuffles closer to me, wrapping one of his arms around me in a hug.

"No, because I hate myself so much for it, but I've forgiven him. And I can't stop looking at the past and wanting our friendship to be like that again."

I hugged him back and I felt him breathe loudly.

"He didn't even have a reaction when I confronted him." His voice cracked and it was as if he was about to cry. "It felt like he didn't care."

Silence filled the room as he hugged me tightly, our temples touching, but both of our faces on a pillow. I thought of what I wanted to tell him, but his breathed has steadied, and he had fallen asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)

Heyyyyyy!

Thank you all so much for 3.5k reads! I'm so sorry for not updating actively, I've got a lot going on and things have been hard :/

I hope you're all doing well and you're all happy.

Love,

Pedriittaa <3