Chapter Four

"I swear if table nine doesn't leave soon I'm going to kick them out" I sighed as I threw my towel on the counter.

"We're closing in thirty minutes anyways, don't worry" Carlos' eyes didn't leave the glass he was cleaning.

The bar was quite empty, only a few tables left, the usual for a Tuesday night. So I could allow myself to sit down next to Carlos.

"Do you need a lift back?" My best friend, who was also our bartender, asked.

"Yeah, my car is still at the repair shop" I sighed as I placed my face in my hands as I leaned onto the counter. "It should be ready for the end of next week apparently"

He nodded. "Did I tell you that Tony got fired?"

My head bobbed up as I looked at Carlos. "Seriously?"

Before Carlos could reply, a guy cleared his throat, making us both turn to him.

"Hey, is it possible to get a table for four?" The boy questioned us as he stood on the other side of the counter.

"Yes, of course. Sit down wherever!" Carlos almost squealed.

The guy left towards the front door, opening it as he poked his head outside, before another three boys came inside.

"Are you crazy?!" I almost shouted as we stood inside of the bar alone. "My shift finishes in twenty minutes and I'm supposed to help you close" I whined.

"You won't regret it" he nodded towards the group of boys sitting down. "Plus, their footballers, they'll probably give us a good review and.."

"Fine fine, I'll go if you stop" I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my clipboard and pen, approaching their table.

As I got closer, I locked eyes with a familiar pair, Pedri.

"Hi, what can I get for y'all?" I asked, my gaze steadied to some other guy, who had replied.

"Hmm, what cocktails would you recommend?" The blonde guy asked, his eyes not leaving the menu as he watched the cocktail page.

"Classics like Sangria, Mojito, Margarita are often our most chosen" I brush my hand through my hair to get it away from my face, trying to resist the urge to look at Pedri.

"Yeah, I'll take a Margarita then please." The blond boy looked up.

"Make that two."

"Actually, make that four" Pedri's neighbour asked, letting me take a sneak peak of Pedri.

His hair was messy, still kind of wet, his beard was less shaved then since the last time I had seen him.

I nodded before walking away, telling their order to Carlos, who was busy polishing the glasses as much as possible but who started whipping them up.

"Is Barcelona a good team?" I asked him as I sat down on the counter next to where he was working.

"I wouldn't say they're horrible, but Madrid is much better" Carlos started. "We have way more UCLS then them, eight in difference actually" he said proudly.

A laugh escaped my lips. "I love how you say 'we' as if you were a part of team"

"Fans are part of team. And plus, at Madrid, it's not a team, it's a family" I burst out laughing when I heard the cheesy phrase he had said seriously.

"I'm sure people think that of every club you know"

"Anyways, just bring them these." He gave me the plateau with the cocktails.

Walking over to them, I felt uneasy. It wasn't the first time I had served a table of men, but it has happened for me tor receive a comment or two.

I gave them their drinks as I felt Pedri's gaze on me, I took their order before going back to the kitchen to warn our cook.

As they were served and had been eating for awhile, I was texting Mika, who was still awake even though it was one thirty.

"Excuse me?" I looked up from my phone to see on of Pedri's brown haired friend. "Is it possible to pay now?"

"Oh, yes of course" I stood up and walked to the other side of the counter, right in front of him.

He showed me his card as I looked for their table count, which was easy to find on the system since they were the only table left. "I'll pay by card, all at once"

I nodded. "It'll be one hundred and eighty three" he swipes his card, before punching in his pin.

"Thanks, have a good evening" he backed away to the others, before they all got up to leave, Pedri shooting me one last look.

I headed to the back of restaurant as I brought back all of their plates. Talking to Carlos.

"We're finally going to have a good nights sleep." Carlos yawned as he cleaned the counter and I swept the floor.

"Speak for yourself, I have to leave my appartement at seven." I sighed. "And my day finishes at five."

"At least you're not working tomorrow." Carlos stated.

"Yeah that's true. I'll have a good nights sleep tomorrow." Carlos left to grab his things from the staff room.

"Rosalia?" I turned around, to see Pedri, standing at the door.

"Pedri? What are you doing here? Did you forget something?" I turned to look at the table, that was now empty, I hadn't noticed anything forgotten.

"No, uh- I'm here to talk to you." I frowned as I saw him take a few steps closer, leaving a meter between the two of us.

"Did you forget to note something on the papers again?" I laughed.

"No, actually, I-uhm wanted to invite you to a house party im hosting." He reached into his jacket's pocket and stuffed his hands in them.

"Pedri, I don't know.. I mean we barely know each other so.."

"Please? I really want to see you again." He looked at me, and I could she his cheeks were slight red. "It's be sometime next week, I'll send you the details"

"Uh- I'm not sure.." I hesitated. "I'll think about it, okay?" He nodded. I took his sleeve as I brought him to door. "I'll maybe see you then?" 

"Yeah. Goodnight Rosalia. Thank you for tonight"

"It's just my job" I shrugged, "goodnight Pedri"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Authors's/Note)

Hey everyone!

I hate myself for this but they just had to meet.     again🙄 I'll post the next chapter including it soon!

Stay happy and healthy.

Love,

Pedriittaa <3