Chapter Seventeen

Once I woke up, Pedri had left, leaving his borrowed clothes folded in a neat pile on my desk. I put them in the laundry basket before walking downstairs and making myself some breakfast.

I waited for Sira and Mika on my phone. We had arranged to make cookies and then to watch a movie at Sira's with some of Ferrán's friends. I would then leave to grab my parents, whose plane arrived late at night.

"Hey girl!" Sira squealed as I opened the door. She hugged me as if we hadn't seen each other in years.

"Hi Sira." I laughed as she pulled away from the hug.

"Let's make cookies! Where's Mika?" She wondered as we walked into the kitchen.

"She should be here any minute." I tell her and I grab her some apple juice, her favourite.

"How are you?" I asked her and she sighs, shaking her head.

I sit down next to her, try to be as comforting as I can be.

"Not good." She stared into the void on top of the table. "I've got a lot of things going on."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She gives me a small smile before starting.

"Actually, ye-"

"Hey girls!" Mika said as she hugged me and did the same with Sira.

I give Sira a sympathetic smile, telling her we'll talk about it later.

"Hey!" She quickly hugged Mika before we all started grabbing what we needed for our cookies.

We decided on making three different batches with different recipes each, to the then taste which one of us did better.

Once we finished them, we all put them in separate containers and grabbed our things to go to Sira's house.

"You should come too." Sira offered to Mika.

Mika looked at me hesitantly, Pablo was probably going to be there, since he was one of Ferrán's friends.

"Sure." She decided after a moment of hesitation.

We grabbed our things and I drove us to Sira's. On the way there we all decided to taste our cookies and give our little ratings.

"First up is Mika's." Sira said as she opened the box and took one of her's out.

She leaned over to me as she gave me a piece. "Mm, this is good." I say before turning and changing gear.

"I agree, it's so good." Mika beamed as me and Sira rolled our eyes at her jokingly.

"Next is yours Rosa." Sira said and I smiled as I heard the nickname Pedri calls me.

"Mn! They're so good!" I say as I grab a bite.

Mika pretends to be sick because of it and Sira couldn't eat it. "It's going to break my teeth it's so hard."

She placed the cookie back in the box.

"I agree with Sira, you burned them." She poked my shoulder repeatedly.

"Okay okay whatever, let's try Sira's now." I say as we park in the driveway.

We all took a piece, agreeing that it was good.

"Mine's obviously better." Mika said as she got out and slammed the car's door shut.

"Nope! Mine's better, yours are good but mine are just better." Sira got out too and I did the same as them.

We opened the door which was unlocked and I took my shoes off. We followed Sira into the living room, where Ferrán and the group were around the fire.

Sira went over, saying hi to everyone and I noticed that Mika was just staying next to me, she didn't know most of them personally, just by their names from football.

"Hey Frenkie." I smiled at him and he kissed my cheek. "This is Mika, my best friend. Mika, this is Frenkie." She nodded and Frenkie kissed her cheek too. "How are Miles and Mikky?"

"They're doing great. They had to stay a few nights at the hospital but they'll be able to leave soon."

"That's great." I smiled and we continued talking for a moment with Mika joining in.

I then introduced her to Ferrán and João, skipping the next one who was Pablo, and then Pedri, who she already knew.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Pedri asked as me and Mika had started to talk to Frenkie.

"Yeah, sure." He grabbed my hand, and held it to guide me into another room, which appeared to be a guest room. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say sorry about last night, I don't remember anything and I hope I didn't go too far.." I giggled as he said this. "What? Why are you laughing?" He tried to pout but was stopped from a small smile on his face.

"No, it's just that you were far from that." I sat down on the chair there was next to the room's desk and he sat down on the bed, directly in front of me.

"What was I like then?"

"You were.." I laughed as I thought back to last night. "Very clingy and persistant, you didn't want to go back home and you guilt tripped me!" I laughed at him and he covered his face with his hands. "Then, when I was watching TikTok in bed you scared the hell out of me and then you started talking about.." I shook my head.

"About?" He trailed.

I shook my head once again. "I don't think it's necessary to talk about it again."

He looked at me again. "No, come on. I told you so you can tell me."

I thought about it as I pursed my lips. "About you and Pablo."

His smile quickly faded and he looked at the floor, standing up quickly.

"Just forget about it, I don't want to drag you in my problems." He stepped further from the bed and towards the door.

"Wait, Pedri." He stopped but didn't turn to look at me. "You can always talk to me about it, I'm so-" he cut me off.

"Don't finish that. Don't tell me you feel sorry for me or that you understand me." His tone was harsh, but not directed at me. He breathed for a second. "Can you keep it for yourself please?" He turned to me and let out a whisper.

"Talk to me Pedri, we have time. There's no rush." He looked at the floor his jaw still clenched. "You can't always keep everything to yourself."

Minutes passed as he didn't say anything, his eyes seemed to turn gloomy. I got up once I had seen enough and hugged him, which he replied to with no hesitation.

I felt him kiss my head gently once or twice.

"It's so hard to trust when the two people you're closest with do that." I rubbed his back. "It made me doubt myself so much and I've realised you can only truly count on your family."

My heart felt a bang when I realised I didn't have that with my family anymore.

"How come Frenkie, Ferrán and João aren't mad at him?" He separated from the hug once again and looked at the floor again.

"I promised Pablo not to tell them.." I wanted to pull my hair out when he said this.

"But they're your closest friends.. they deserve to know he did that to you."

"What's done is done. It was months ago and I'm over it now." He said, his voice gentle. "We should get back before they say anything." He whispered as he finally looks in my eyes.

"Yeah.. you're right."

He opens the door and we slip out as I close the door behind us, we find Pablo, who was passing in the corridor.

He mimicked closing his mouth with a zipper. "I didn't see anything." He winked repeatedly.

I looked at Pedri with an unamused face to which he laughed and we followed Pablo back to the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)

I hope y'all like this chapter and I hope I'll started updating more consistently!

Love,

Pedriittaa <3