Chapter Four

The whole night had felt impossible. 

After years of dreaming of Buck - of longing to have him in his arms again - Eddie could say that that dream had come true. 

They lay sated in the large bed of the hotel, basking in the feel of each other. Of skin on skin. Of fingers intertwined and lips locked in long, passionate kisses. 

Everything felt right. Complete in a way that it had never before, except when Eddie was with Buck. 

Bliss. He thought, closing his eyes. Utter bliss. 

Buck's head rested on his chest, and he was dozing. 

Eddie felt as though he could never sleep again. He was too excited. His whole body hummed with that excitement. 

"Do I have to leave?" 

Eddie ran a hand through Buck's hair, reveling in how soft it felt. "I don't want you to. But, you have a life in Phoenix." 

Buck pushed out his lip, pouting. "But I'm so happy." 

Eddie's lips found his forehead. He was adorable when he pouted. "We'll see each other again." 

Grey eyes found him. "And how long with that be? Until we see each other again?" 

"Well, today's Saturday. I could fly out next Friday after work to spend the weekend with you." 

"And what about Christopher?" 

Of course Buck would be concerned about that. 

"Well, I get him for the week. Shannon is picking him up Friday from school. You don't have to worry." 

Buck nodded, and Eddie felt him relax. 

With his fingers, he tilted Buck's chin up so he could kiss him. "Don't worry. We'll make this work." 

"I know." 

He was a little disappointed when Buck decided to get up, claiming that he needed a shower. Eddie sat back against the pillows and admired the fetching sight of a naked Evan Buckley - a taunt backside, hard and well defined muscles that could be seen under the skin of his torso, his back. There was a tattoo, Eddie saw, surprised - a tree with reaching branches that spanned the stretch of his stomach, crawling up towards his chest. The tree was in shades of greys, whites, and blacks, that looked stark against his pale skin. 

"What's that?" Eddie asked getting up? 

Buck looked confused. Eddie trailed his fingers along the swirling lines of the tattoo. He saw that it started at his left hip, the roots trailing down thigh. He shivered, and Eddie was pleased as gooseflesh raised on his skin. 

"Tattoo," Buck said simply. 

"I can see that." 

Buck had always had one or two tattoos. Nothing large. But this was different. This felt different. 

"I don't know why I got it." He admitted. "I just liked it." 

Eddie nodded. He understood. 

"Well, I like it. It's very sexy." 

Buck placed a hand on his naked chest. Eddie's blood thrilled. 

"Well, why don't you come explore it?" 

A wicked grin split Eddie's face. "With pleasure," he growled, his lips finding Buck's.