Chapter Sixteen

Buck's head rested on his shoulder. He dozed, his eyes partially closed as he watched the fire. Eddie turned his head and kissed the top of Evan's head, wondering if life could get any better. 

It was late -- though he didn't know how late -- and darkness surrounded them. The flickering glow of the fire was soothing, and Eddie felt himself grow tired. However, Buck was comfortable -- he was comfortable -- and didn't want to move. 

And despite his drowsiness, Eddie found that his head was spinning in the best way possible. 

He'd dreamed of marrying Evan Buckley since he'd gotten to know him... This didn't feel real, and yet, it was a dream come true. 

How do I deserve you? he wanted to ask, but thought better of it. He didn't want to see the pain in Buck's eyes. In order to love Buck, Eddie needed to learn how to love himself. And he was on his way there. It would just take time, he was realizing. 

"I'm so proud of you." Buck's voice was soft in the night. 

Eddie sat up straight. "What do you mean?" 

"You're not overthinking this. The engagement." 

"What makes you think I'm not?" 

Buck sat up, his eyes dark. His hand came up and he cupped Eddie's cheek, running his thumb along his cheekbone. It was a soothing, loving, and tender motion that stirred something in Eddie. 

"I know you probably are. And I don't want you to think that you can't talk to me." He said hastily. "But... you seem so relaxed. So at peace." 

Eddie shrugged. "I'm just taking things one day at a time. Living in the moment. With you, and with Chris." 

Buck beamed before leaning for a kiss. Their lips met, and Eddie's arms wound their way around his shoulders, holding his heart close to his body. Because that's want Buck was; the personification of his heart. 

It had been a long road to this moment, but Eddie knew that he wouldn't change anything. They had grown apart, and together. Had suffered together, and laughed together. He wasn't sure if he believed in "true love", but Evan Buckley made him want to. 

If soul mates exist, then I've found mine. It was a sobering thought, and only made him love this man more. I don't know if I ever deserved his forgiveness, but fuck if I'm not thankful for it, and him, every god damned day. 

When they pulled away, Buck's eyes were glowing like the stars above them. Eddie's heart swelled, and he caressed his fiancé's face. He hadn't shaved today, and the stubble on his chin and his cheeks were rough against the pad of Eddie's thumb. He needed a hair cut, too, he realized with a smile -- Buck's hair was by no means long, but it was beginning to get floppy. 

Eddie's lips met his again, and they lost themselves in their passion. Buck pulled away long enough to move the chairs and to spread a blanket an appropriate distance from the fire. 

As their bodies met again, Eddie reached down, trailing a hand down Evan's body, and grasped him through his shorts. Buck sucked in a breath, a wicked smile on his lips. 

"Can I help you?" he asked in a low and husky tone. 

Eddie's blood ignited. "Nope. Just helping myself." 

Buck trailed soft yet searing kisses across Eddie's jawline, his cheek, before  whispering in his ear, "What do you want?" 

His back arched off the blanket. "You. Forever." 

"You have me forever." Buck's hands began to explore his body, and Eddie could feel himself hardening, growing thicker and heavy under Buck's touch. "I'll never tire of you."