i wasnt planning on leaving baby

Keira Walsh POV:
It was the day before the opening game of the Euros, and i couldnt have picked a better time to become ill. God knows where ive caught this from, because no one on camp is ill, but it could just be my weak ass immune system mixed with the change in environment. My head was pounding and i was struggling to breath, my throat felt like it had been sliced up with knives and on top of that i felt so dizzy that even laying down my world was spinning. 'Fuck me' i mutter as i attempt to sit up, the throbbing in my head intensifying, this was going to be one long day.

Breakfast starts at 7 and finishes at 9, and usually i would meet the girls downstairs at around 7:45, but there was no way that was happening today. I eventually go down at around 8:30, trying to put on my bravest face and not show that i feel like utter shit.

Lucy Bronzes POV:
It was unusual for Keira to be late, for anything. At first i thought maybe she had just slept in for once, but after she was 30 minutes late i started to worry. I decided to send her a text, simply asking where she was, and if she would be coming down soon, but i got no reply. After an extra 15 minutes of waiting I excused myself from the table and decided to go and check on her myself, walking down the hotel corridor and to the lift. I didnt even need to press the button as the doors to the lift opened and revealed a very ill looking Keira. She was extremely pale, looked as if she was about to pass out any second, and hadn't even realised I was there as she stood with her head resting on one hand and sunglasses on.

'Keira what the hell? Are you alright? You didn't answer my text.' I question her. She looks up and the barrier from her sunglasses is stopping us from locking eyes. 'Yeah sorry i didnt wake up to my alarm' she says hoarsely. Okay what the fuck.
'Oh god Keira you sound terrible.' I tell her, how has she managed to get ill? 'I feel terrible too' she sarcastically laughs, but not too loud as an attempt to stop the irritation in her throat. I slowly pull her out the lift and press the back of my hand to her forehead, and it was fucking burning. My arms wrap around her, and she weakly reciprocates the action, i rub my hand up and down her back, trying to soothe her and silently letting her know that im here. 'Do you want to talk to Sarina about missing training? I dont think your in any state to even be out of bed right now' i told her, already knowing her answer
'Its fine, ill be fine. Im not missing training for a cold Luce, especially with the game being tomorrow.' Why is she so stubborn. She unwraps her arms from around me and takes her sunglasses off, and now i can see how ill she really is. Her eyes where puffy and swollen, as if she hadnt gotten any sleep that night, and she still wanted to train? This girl is crazy. 'Keira i really dont think its a good idea' she cuts me off before i can finish 'Lucy im training wether you like it or not, im not asking for your permission' she turns on her feet and walks away from me, im assuming to the breakfast hall. I sigh and eventually follow her. I watch her slump down into a chair next to G and Leah, who both look as concerned as i do. 'Keira mate are you alright? You look dreadful' i hear Georgia say, i think the whole team heard her as all eyes darted to Keira.
'Wanna say that any louder G, im fine ive just got a cold' she replies, whilst everyone goes back to finishing their food. I take a seat on their table.
'Kei are you not going to eat? If your insisting on training today your eating something' i tell her. I dont want to sound like her mum, but it's genuinely dangerous if shes training on an empty stomach, whilst being on deaths door. 'God im fine Lucy ill get something in a minute okay? Get off my back' wow. Shes in a right mood. I know she doesn't essentially mean what shes saying, but it is a bit of a kick in the teeth. 'Sorry for caring' i mumble under my breath. She rolls her eyes and puts her sunglasses back on, sinking further into her chair. This was going to be one long day.

2 hours later:
Keira Walshs POV:
Yeah no im not one to admit defeat, but Lucy was right. This was a bad idea. I have zero control over my body right now, let alone the ability to control a ball. How im standing right now, i dont know, there is no way i can do another 2 hours of this. I eventually have to sit down before i fall down, trying to catch my breath. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see Georgia. She helps me up and walks me over to Sarina. 'Can i help Keira back to her room? Shes really unwell and i dont think its a good idea if she continues training, it will do more harm than good' i attempt to protest and say im fine but Sarina interrupts me and says 'No problem at all. We need you well rested for tomorrow Keira. Id rather sacrifice todays training than tomorrow's game' i smile at her, well attempt to smile. The sun is so bright its giving me a migraine, and im seeing all these dots in my vision. God this is horrible. I just want to get to bed, and if im being honest i want a hug from Lucy. Im not one for the soppy stuff, but right now its what i need. Georgia guides me off the pitch and back to the lift, i can feel tears burning the back of my eyes, just out of pure frustration. Im annoyed at myself for not being able to train, annoyed that Lucy was right and annoyed at everything. As the lift door closes G looks at me and i look at her 'Do you want a hug Kei?' She asks me, i just nod in reply. Im so greatful to have such a caring bestfriend, and plus Georgia gives the best hugs. We arrive at my floor and walk to my room. I unlock the door using the keycard and flop straight onto my bed, not even bothering to get changed. 'Alright Kei, im going back to training. Let me know if you need anything. Hope you feel better soon'
'Thanks G, I appreciate it' i mumble into my pillow. I hear the door close and allow myself to fall into a slumber.

Lucy Bronzes POV:
I was right. What can i say, im always right. Unfortunately i was placed on the opposite team to Keira in training today, but that doesnt mean she left my eyeline once. I watched as she sat down and was picked up by G, and I wanted nothing more than to climb into bed with my girl and do anything to make her feel better, but there was still another 2 hours left of training. Eventually Georgia took Keira to her room, and thank god she did. I went to walk over to the pair of bestfriends, but was stopped by one of the instructors. I guess I would just have to wait to go and see Keira. When G came back down, she ran over to me before going back to her passing drills. 'Is she okay?' I ask her, already knowing my answer. 'She will be okay, shes just Keira. Shes more annoyed at the fact she has to miss training than anything. Got quite upset about it in the lift on the way up.' Typical Keira. 'Ill go check on her as soon as training finishes, thank you for convincing her to go back to bed G, i wish she would've listened to me.' I wont lie i was a bit upset that Keira took Georgias advice and not mine, but my main focus was on making sure she was okay. I just had to get through these 2 hours.

2 hours later:
Once training finished, i didnt waste any time in going up to check on Keira. I managed to get a key from the reception desk for Keiras room, so i didnt have to wake her. She needs the sleep. Once i make it to her room, i quietly open the door, and im met with Keira on the bed asleep still in her training clothes. I carefully lay down beside her, take her hairband out of her hair, and massage her head. She starts to stir and turns her head to face me, closes her eyes and turns her whole body to face me. 'Oh god what are we going to do with you eh?' I quietly chuckle, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. 'Just give me a hug Luce, good place to start' she whispers back. 'Come here then' i waste no time in pulling her into me, and kiss her on the forehead 'go back to sleep love, you need the rest.' You know Keira is ill when shes this vulnerable with you, i just hoped she would wake up feeling better. 'Will you be here when i wake up?' She asks me.

'I wasn't planning on leaving baby'

Authors note:
- leave any requests or suggestions <3